Main Forums > The Roundtable

On friends, and changes...

<< < (4/4)

RadioFreeSeaLab:

--- Quote from: c_yeager ---
--- Quote from: Parker Dean ---
--- Quote from: Azrael256 ---That, and yuppie idiots like homemade soap.  Seriously.  They go for that whole "handmade by an Indian" BS. (I have a friend who's a Mescalero Apache.  We could make some money together.)So that bit on South Park about Cherokee Hair...umm...errr.... products wasn't completely made up.I'm glad I'm not the only one that IMMEDIATLY thought of that.Ya, me too.

Antibubba:
No offense intended, dasmi, but most people that age can barely look past today, let alone tomorrow.  When I was in those years I was such a morose twit.   And I hated guns.  You don't have to keep them as your inner circle.  Some of them might grow and mature, or even "wake up".  Stay in touch, plant seeds every so often; who knows what'll happen in ten years?  Or maybe you'll sever ties completely.

However, do try to keep a thread open, a way to get in touch with them.  I remember a friend from college, Robert, who, upon looking back on some of the conversations and attitudes he had, was probably a survivalist.  It isn't something we discussed, I don't think-but then, there would have been no way I could have understood what he was talking about, in the same way my 22 year old self wouldn't have a clue about the advice my 40 year old self gave him.  I wish I knew how to contact him.  (If anyone knows a Robert Szychowicz, drop me a line)

Strings:
Antibubba: don't suppose he could be a Computer systems Manager at Ohio State University? That's what I got with a Google search...

Ex-MA Hole:
Try to stop drinking-

THAT'S a humbling experience.  I went from 10-15 "friends" to none overnight.  I see one of them every 6 months or so, we have a cigar, at have a long akward silence.  We have nothing to say.  Most of the others never called, wrote, emailed, nothing.

It's like I just ceased to exist.

Talking about a bitch slap!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version