Main Forums > The Roundtable

On friends, and changes...

<< < (2/4) > >>

Mabs2:
I'm 19, and have been thinking like you do now for the past couple of years.
I too have been worrying in the same way about my family (don't have many friends), but at least they're not anti-gun.
I feel for ya, mang.

SpookyPistolero:
Similar situation myself. Just ran into the brother of a good friend through high school and most of college. I haven't talked to any of them in many months.

People you can actually have a worthwhile conversation with are a rarity, saving possibly family members. When I did hang out with a lot of people, I just stopped having expectations and quit investing anything in it. They are who they are, and couldn't care less about others or whats going on around them.

garrettwc:

--- Quote ---I've woken up, I suppose, to the world around me, and to the need for self-reliance.You've also done some growing up it sounds like.

Declaration Day:

--- Quote from: cas700850 ---You're really young.  You'll find as you grow older, you actually disconnect with many of the friends from your youth.  Basically, you grow apart.  NOthing wrong with it.  Different paths through life lead in different directions.This is so very true.   I talk to two of my high school buddies regularly, and maybe two or three more of them once a year.   (I was a huge party animal in high school, and had many friends and dozens of acquaintances.)

Much of the reason for this is that I have my own life now, my own family, house and business.  It leaves little time for friends.

Another big reason is that I no longer party or drink, which is the only thing I had in common with 99% of those people.

I'm 28, and I am happy with my little circle of friends.  I am cautious about who I associate with now, because (by my standards) most people live recklessly.

50 Shooter:
Dasmi,
I know we live a not so short distance apart but if you ever want to travel a little ways north, you're always welcome to come shoot with us. Most of the guys like to talk all things guns and everything that goes with them. At 38 I think I'm towards the lower end of the age group, diverse group of guys and wives that come out.

Have to agree with what most others have said, I only know one person from school and that's because we've always been best friends. Even some friends you make after school tend to drift away because of work, school or whatever. Funny thing is, I actually have met better people since I got into .50's. The guys I shoot with are some great people, we have a couple goofs but they're still a good bunch.

If you ever want to drive a couple hours north and shoot a .50 or just go shooting/shooting the $h!t let me know. ar50shooter@hotmail.com We do a couple desert shoots a year if you want to come out. You've probably seen a few pics that I've posted on THR.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version