Are you right or left-handed?

Right-handed
19 (55.9%)
Left-handed
13 (38.2%)
Ambidextrous
2 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Right-Handed or Left-Handed?  (Read 1796 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Right-Handed or Left-Handed?
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2022, 08:21:27 PM »
Lefties and ambies are more likely to respond. Look at the comments.

Jealous.
 =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tim L

• friend
    • TDLITWILLER
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2022, 01:24:52 AM »
Left handed for most things and right eye dominant here as well.  I write and shoot pistols left handed, long guns, cameras and eat with right hand.  Left hand is definitely stronger and has better control.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2022, 01:38:49 AM »
Mainly right handed but arthritis and abuse have rendered my right hand a lot less useful than it once was. There are many things I can now do better left handed such as ASL Finger spell and count.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 08:48:31 AM by HeroHog »
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2022, 08:35:13 AM »
I was under the impression lefties are more likely to be ambidextrous.  Maybe it is just practice.  I feel I could learn to do anything with either hand if I had to. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2022, 01:34:23 PM »
This settles it, the APS posters are weirdos.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2022, 03:10:25 PM »
Is that some kind of secret?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2022, 04:20:01 PM »

What, you're just now figuring this out?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2022, 04:59:23 PM »

I'd respond with a terse, biting comment but I'm having trouble figuring out how to operate this right handed mouse with my left hand...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

robear

• friend
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2022, 05:14:40 PM »
Weird here too...   Left handed, left eye dominant.  I shoot long guns and pistols left-handed.   I write, eat and throw left handed, EXCEPT I throw a Frisbee with my right.   Anything I swing with 2 hands (baseball bat, golf club, etc..) is right handed, anything I swing one-handed (tennis, ping pong, etc...) is left handed.   I kick pretty well with both feet, but only punt with my left.   =|

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2022, 11:01:09 PM »
I shoot with my right hand, but do all my baton-twirling with the left. (Curiously, though, I use my right hand more when I'm doing rhythmic gymnastics.)

I play the mandolin with my left, but with timbrel and the Tyrolean harp, I do better with my right foot. Like most people, I tend to use my left nostril when playing Jew's harp.

Swordfighting I do mostly right-handed, but I find the Agrippa defense works better left-handed.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife