Author Topic: Bringing the Word to strippers  (Read 873 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Bringing the Word to strippers
« on: August 03, 2018, 10:52:30 AM »
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/aug/02/atlantic-city-loves-way-out-evangelical-ministry-strippers

I admire this group for acting upon their beliefs and reaching out to this population.  Interesting comment by one of the dancers about she could either work for minimum wage and never see her kids, or she could dance two nights a week, make more money, and stay with her kids.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Bringing the Word to strippers
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 12:24:09 PM »
The question the ministry needs to ask itself, Morgan said after a long pause, is: are the trips to the strip clubs an avenue to meaningful change, or a means of self-glorification?

Amen, Sister.

It's good they're having such an impact, though.

A woman wearing nothing but a tiny blue plaid skirt interjected: “Oh come on, they’re so annoying.”

As she put on her shoes, she explained: “I go to church every Sunday, so I can tell. Even though they’re technically doing this from the ‘kindness of their hearts’, I know they don’t think we’re on the same level as them.”

“Jesus hates me!” yelled a woman called Chloe, laughing hard at the prospect. “I’m a sinner!”

“But yo, look, they actually approve of what we do, and they’re just trying to be nice,” she said in a raspy voice. “I’m Episcopalian, I believe in all gods! Except Satanism, I don’t *expletive deleted*ck with that. So, I can go to a Muslim church or a Jewish synagogue and I can appreciate everything. I’m open – the church ladies, they’re not that open. But they’re still pretty chill.”

Lucy, a thin woman in purple underwear, straightened her hair and said nervously: “To be honest, I always thought it was pretty weird. Like, obviously they’re coming here to make it seem like people care about us and to give us comfort, but it’s not like they really know us! They just give us stuff and leave.”
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 01:21:19 PM »
JOB OPENING
EVANGELICAL MINISTER WANTED

Qualifications  . . . (yadda yadda)
Requirements . . . (yadda yadda)
Benefits
   Health care plan
   Dental and vision insurance
   Paid vacation
   Regular strip club excursions
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 01:25:02 PM »
Something tells me a stack of scripture hand outs won't get you the same level of table dance or attention at the stage as slipping cash in their g-strings.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 01:39:11 PM »
Something tells me a stack of scripture hand outs won't get you the same level of table dance or attention at the stage as slipping cash in their g-strings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqL77G2x61E
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 06:51:15 PM »
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 07:32:14 PM »

That ain't my bible I'm thumping!
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 11:57:11 PM »
That ain't my bible I'm thumping!

Psalms, dangit!  He said "Psalms", not "palms"!
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2018, 02:18:03 AM »
Been out of the world for a spell... like to walk it a while. Maybe bring the word to them as need it told.

Seriously, 8 replies to get to a Firefly quote....COME ON PEOPLE, you're all slipping around here....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2018, 02:59:03 AM »

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design