Author Topic: Youtube  (Read 1276 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Youtube
« on: August 08, 2018, 01:46:49 AM »
What the heck is going on with Youtube? There was a time when, after you wateched a number of videos of a certain genre, the next time you went to Youtube it would suggest more videos of that and similar genres. When I was on my Lone Ranger kick awhile ago, for example, it would suggest episodes I hadn't watched yet. Same when I was on my Zorro binge.

Recently, I've been watching a lot of videos about light sport aircraft and bush plains/bush flying. So I go to Youtube, and it suggests ... Comedy Topics.

Such as:

• Trump Slams LeBron James on Twitter & Crashes a Rally
  • Hotel Hell: Gordon Ramsey Visits James Corden's B&B
  • The Legendary Voice Behind Movie Trailers
  • Keanu Reeves Watches His 1980s Coca-Cola Commercial
  • Rami Malek Had to Watch Queen Listen to Him Sing
  • Black Jeopardy with Tom Hanks - SNL

Really? I don't know how I have survived for 70+ years without partaking of such intellectually stimulating ... dreck.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Youtube
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 02:44:56 AM »
Black Jeopardy with Tom Hanks is actually pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7VaXlMvAvk

And, hey, that Zashir-something chick is easy on the eyeballs, plus the indispensable (and not as pretty) Kenan Thompson.  

Are you watching the 'Tube under an account, or no? Did you delete your cookies recently?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 05:10:10 AM »
Still shows related content to what I normally watch for me, and new content from anyone I am subscribed too.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 06:27:18 AM »
Maybe Youtube changed their ways after the EU instituted the new internet privacy rules recently.

As to the bush plane videos, have you watched Trent Palmer?  https://www.youtube.com/user/boredentertainment88/videos

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 06:47:02 AM »
Yeah, looks like they're changing from offering what you like, to pushing what they like.

Me?  Hell, from seeing what my preferences are, they know by now that I'm so conservative there's no point in propagandizing me with liberal airheaded nonsense. >:D

Yeah, but cookies.

Terry
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 07:06:02 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 10:27:37 AM »
Try InRangeTV and Forgotten Weapons.  Lots of good content on youtube amongst all the mess. 

Typing this while listening to Forgotten Weapons and Bloke on the Range talk about gun myths. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 11:05:27 AM »

As to the bush plane videos, have you watched Trent Palmer?  https://www.youtube.com/user/boredentertainment88/videos

Yes. I wish he would stop wearing baseball caps with ghetto flat brims, even in the house. It makes me want to reach through the screen, rip it off his head, and punch him out.

I did clear cookies a week or so ago, but that's not the cause. I've done that before, and it usually takes one day for them to pick up on what I've been viewing and start suggesting videos in line with what I watched the night before. This has been going on for over a week ... within which I haven't cleared cookies.

Quote from: 230RN
Yeah, looks like they're changing from offering what you like, to pushing what they like.

That fits what I'm seeing. One has to wonder why anyone thinks pissing off your viewer base is a good idea.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2018, 11:33:57 AM »
Recently, I've been watching a lot of videos about light sport aircraft and bush plains/bush flying.

That is my retirement dream: get a Kitfox or similar and just fly around low and slow landing wherever looks interesting.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 12:25:35 PM »
Sounds like a conspiracy of the vile repugnant leftist.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 12:33:02 PM »
 "...vile repugnant leftist..."

Like, even if you're being sarcastic.   With your permission, can I use elsewhere?

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2018, 01:29:43 PM »
That is my retirement dream: get a Kitfox or similar and just fly around low and slow landing wherever looks interesting.

I would love to do that, but (1) I can't afford even a used Kitfox, and (2) Having had an open chest heart operation and bing on medications, I don't know if I could even get a pilot's license.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2018, 03:34:58 PM »
I would love to do that, but (1) I can't afford even a used Kitfox, and (2) Having had an open chest heart operation and bing on medications, I don't know if I could even get a pilot's license.

Don't need a license for an Ultralight.....

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 04:10:15 PM »

Ding, ding, ding!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 05:30:26 PM »

Yeas, I know. The Kitfox and its ilk aren't ultralights, they're Light Sport Aircraft, which does require a license. I've looked at ultralights, and they just don't ring my chimes.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2018, 07:42:02 PM »
Try InRangeTV and Forgotten Weapons.  Lots of good content on youtube amongst all the mess.  

Typing this while listening to Forgotten Weapons and Bloke on the Range talk about gun myths.  

Also C&Rsenal. They do long-form, deep dive type videos into the history behind C&R firearms. They're currently working they're way through WWI firearms, and they occasionally do crossover videos with The Great War channel.

Oh, and they only do videos when they can physically put their hands on the gun, take it apart, and actually shoot it. Their last one was on the Russian Maxim 1910.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth