Author Topic: OH GAK!  (Read 855 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
OH GAK!
« on: May 04, 2006, 05:50:09 AM »
BUDAPEST (Reuters) - Hungarian builders who drank their way to the bottom of a huge barrel of rum while renovating a house got a nasty surprise when a pickled corpse tumbled out of the empty barrel, a police magazine website reported.

According to online magazine www.zsaru.hu, workers in Szeged in the south of Hungary tried to move the barrel after they had drained it, only to find it was surprisingly heavy and were shocked when the body of a naked man fell out.

The website said that the body of the man had been shipped back from Jamaica 20 years ago by his wife in the barrel of rum in order to avoid the cost and paperwork of an official return.

According to the website, workers said the rum in the 300-liter barrel had a "special taste" so they even decanted a few bottles of the liquor to take home.

The wife has since died and the man was buried in a proper grave.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

cordex

• Administrator
OH GAK!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 05:55:44 AM »
A well-used and very, very old urban legend.

SADShooter

• friend
OH GAK!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 05:56:46 AM »
Crap, Mike, I felt like I was gonna hurl before reading that. Now...the granola bar/coffee combo I choked down for breakfast is looking like a goner.

With all the booze I've put away in my life, may I never experience that "special taste".

EDIT: Urban legend or no, I'll be hitting my rum with an extra squeeze of lime for a while.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

grampster

• friend
OH GAK!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 06:44:42 AM »
20 year preserved smegma.  Such a treat.  Tongue
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

cordex

• Administrator
OH GAK!
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 05:20:33 AM »
FYI
BUDAPEST (Reuters) - The Budapest story headlined "Hungary workers get shock at bottom of rum barrel" issued on May 4 is withdrawn. Police said the incident, reported on a police magazine Web site, happened 10 years ago. Reuters has been unable to make any further checks to substantiate the story.

There will be no substitute story.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
OH GAK!
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 05:32:44 AM »
Cordex,

That's funny, because CNN picked it up for their news crawl on the same day, not to mention all of the urban legend baggage associated with it...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
OH GAK!
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 05:39:51 AM »
Is any story from Hungary or Romania true?

I place Hungary, Romania, Wikipedia and the Washington Post on the same level--pure fiction.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.