Author Topic: Man beats daughter's molester to death--do you think he'll be charged?  (Read 21054 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
If she used a Teflon-coated pan, she'll do Federal time.....

Even more if it had an exotic wood handle :(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Even more if it had an exotic wood handle :(

.....or too many foreign parts....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Bad news they are charging him with homicide.
Did sharpton and jackson make an stink? That is the only way this is possible.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/19/texas-beating-death-girl-alleged-molester-is-ruled-homicide/
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/19/texas-beating-death-girl-alleged-molester-is-ruled-homicide/

As I understand it, every such death (self-defense or not) goes to the grand jury in Texas. I don't think that this is "bad news."
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
As I understand it, every such death (self-defense or not) goes to the grand jury in Texas. I don't think that this is "bad news."

From what I read of it, the DA and the sheriff are following the appropriate procedure.  I hope the grand jury comes back with a no bill.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons

He is not being charged with homocide. The death of the attacker was ruled a homocide by whoever is in charge of that decision (could be a medical examiner or a DA, I don't know).  By definition, a death caused by another is a homocide.

The Grand Jury will decide whether the father gets charged with a crime. My bet is that he won't be charged.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

grislyatoms

• friends
A person having molested my daughter would be lucky if the cops got to him first.

Firearm, baseball bat, butter knife, blunt spoon. It wouldn't matter. I say that in a non-chest thumping display. Just how I would be. I hope it never happens, because it would be 3 lives destroyed, 2 innocent.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.

That's my understanding as well. Even police shootings go to the GJ.

I promise not to duck.

Hawkmoon

• friend

???

The article to which you linked specifically says the grand jury met and decided NOT to charge him.

Authorities say a Texas father who beat to death a man who tried molesting his 4-year-old daughter will not be charged.

Officials said the grand jury met Tuesday and declined to return an indictment against the father in the death of 47-year-old Jesus Mora Flores.

Do you understand the difference between a coroner's finding of "homicide" as opposed to a criminal charge of murder, manslaughter, or negligent homicide? "Homicide" is not a charge, it is a statement of fact -- "homicide" means that a person was killed by the action of another person. Any time a person kills someone else it's a homicide. Sometimes it is ruled "justifiable homicide," which is what appears to be what happened in this case.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

T.O.M.

• friend
I hit the  link that never_retreat posted.. The article says the grand jury refused to indict, with some additional details that explain (to me) why they no billed the case.

Nothing mlore to see here.  Move along.    :police:
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Waitone

• friend
How does a living humanoid become deceased?

-- Accident
-- Suicide
-- Natural causes
-- Homicide

Was he charged with homicide or was the death determined to be homicide as opposed to suicide or accident or natural causes?  Now its up to the GJ of Tejas to determine the nature of the homicide.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
???

The article to which you linked specifically says the grand jury met and decided NOT to charge him.

Do you understand the difference between a coroner's finding of "homicide" as opposed to a criminal charge of murder, manslaughter, or negligent homicide? "Homicide" is not a charge, it is a statement of fact -- "homicide" means that a person was killed by the action of another person. Any time a person kills someone else it's a homicide. Sometimes it is ruled "justifiable homicide," which is what appears to be what happened in this case.

Fox must have changed their mind. It clearly sad he was being charged.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Father was no-billed by the Grand Jury.  I think this one is done....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
Father was no-billed by the Grand Jury.  I think this one is done....

Roger that.

Righteous no-bill.

"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

De Selby

• friend

As expected - how did the confusion arise I wonder?
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.

I think the key here is that once the GJ says it's good, nobody else has much of a leg to stand on in claiming otherwise unless something really major changes.  (And I think that would have to be something like finding a carefully documented plan in the father's handwriting to frame the dead guy and kill him.)

HankB

• friend
Grand jury, law enforcement, and, yes, the DA all did their jobs properly, so the family can get on with their lives without being victimized twice.

Good.

And we're all just a little bit better off now that there's one less child-molesting pervert roaming the streets.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
So how long before the family of the deceased starts raising a stink about racism and files a wrongful death suit with the backing and support of the US DOJ?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
So how long before the family of the deceased starts raising a stink about racism and files a wrongful death suit with the backing and support of the US DOJ?
Do you really think the USDOJ would pick this case to raise a stink about before a Presidential Election?  "Obama's DOJ Sues Man Who Killed Child Molester" is not a good headline and wouldn't generate too much sympathy.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

De Selby

• friend

What possible connection to racism could this case have???  I'm curious as to why that would even be brought up.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
What possible connection to racism could this case have???  I'm curious as to why that would even be brought up.

We could propose a genetic cause for buggery, then make pedophobia the new racism.

No, wait; nothing like that would ever be taken seriously.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Before this one completely heads off the rails.  Oh Looky, a fork !!!
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.