Author Topic: Rand Paul wants ccw in DC  (Read 1401 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Rand Paul wants ccw in DC
« on: July 06, 2012, 11:39:44 AM »
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid refuses to allow a floor vote on the House-passed national-reciprocity, concealed-carry bill because he knows it might actually pass. Sen. Rand Paul is trying to force the Nevada Democrat’s hand. “The Senate shouldn’t be about the majority party cherry-picking what they want to vote on,” Dr. Paul told The Washington Times. “Harry Reid will only vote if he can win.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jul/5/gunning-for-dc/
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

brimic

• friends
Re: Rand Paul wants ccw in DC
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 11:50:15 AM »
What is the senate count looking like for November's election?
How many dems vs Repubs up for election?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 12:13:44 PM »
And to think that there have been people on gunboards saying that Reid is a supporter of the 2nd amendment. He is not. He is just a traitor and enemy of the Republic like the rest of them.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 12:15:49 PM »
The Dems have 23 seats up for re-election and the Rep's have 10.   If done properly, the R's should see big gains, however, them being the Stupid Party, they'll squander the opportunity.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 12:47:29 PM »
And to think that there have been people on gunboards saying that Reid is a supporter of the 2nd amendment. He is not. He is just a traitor and enemy of the Republic like the rest of them.

He's more pro-2A than most Republicans. But... he's still a politician. I doubt he personally likes firearms or the 2A, he just doesn't think the anti-2A crowd has many votes or cash. 

With the exception of oddities like Issa or Paul... Yea, majority of them are enemies of the Republic. On either side. Republicans are not thought of being highly supportive of women related issues, Dems are not thought to be highly supportive of firearm related issues. There's a lot of truth to either perception, but it's not entirely universal.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 01:03:25 PM »
Republicans are not thought of being highly supportive of women related issues, Dems are not thought to be highly supportive of firearm related issues

I wish they would just stick to issues outlined in the Constitution, individuals can worry about their own issues locally.
With the exception of oddities like Issa or Paul... Yea, majority of them are enemies of the Republic. On either side.
Yep.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama