Author Topic: "the first gay President" gets into bed with Phillip Morris  (Read 1307 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
http://www.suntimes.com/business/13589276-420/roll-your-own-cigarette-stores-going-up-in-smoke.html

“They’re basically making us follow the same regulations as big tobacco,” Valenti said, “But [we can’t] reap the same rewards.”

Valenti calls it a “killing” of small businesses and said closing his stores means his 21 employees lose their jobs.

I am glad I quit, but putting these small businesses out of business really sucks big time.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
Re: "the first gay President" gets into bed with Phillip Morris
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 10:58:52 AM »
Small business hasn't been encouraged or supported in this country for a long time.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 04:16:38 PM »
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigarette.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 05:09:08 PM »
If you'd just listen to the President, you'd know why this makes sense. He told us the private sector was doing fine. He told us that economic growth depends on public sector employment. So obviously, you would want to pass new reg's, to hire more regulators. We can afford to sacrifice a few private sector jobs, since the public sector jobs really grow government the economy.  :angel:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife