Author Topic: Hollywood hypocrisy  (Read 737 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Hollywood hypocrisy
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 10:32:58 AM »
I agree that the restaurant owner was being treated incredibly unfairly,  but otoh I don't want tv/film production shut down.

Businesses should be allowed to open.  Precautions can be employed.  Outside dining is ok and in Los Angelos it's even possible over a longer period in a year. 
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 10:35:00 AM »
I agree that the restaurant owner was being treated incredibly unfairly,  but otoh I don't want tv/film production shut down.

Businesses should be allowed to open.  Precautions can be employed.  Outside dining is ok and in Los Angelos it's even possible over a longer period in a year. 

Agreed.  The answer here is let the restaurant use the same risk mitigation measures as the movie set caterers and have her run her business.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 10:52:17 AM »
I can't think of anything LESS critical than a bunch of "woke" Biden/Newsom sycophants being considered "essential" workers...

Think the industry would be essential were it primarily Republican leaning?

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 10:54:03 AM »
I can't think of anything LESS critical than a bunch of "woke" Biden/Newsom sycophants being considered "essential" workers...

This
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2020, 10:54:29 AM »

Probably.  They still would have had the cash to throw at the CA .gov critters that got them this dispensation.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2020, 10:56:45 AM »
Probably.  They still would have had the cash to throw at the CA .gov critters that got them this dispensation.

^^^

This.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2020, 11:01:10 AM »
I wouldn't say "cash to throw".  More like the rich guys who own/fund the stuff go to the same parties and have the ear of the leftist politicians.  But probably amounts to the same thing.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge