Author Topic: in which folks whine because Cyberpunk not trans enough  (Read 724 times)

dogmush

• friend
in which folks whine because Cyberpunk not trans enough
« on: December 10, 2020, 11:07:45 AM »
Get ready for Gamergate 2.0 (or 3 or wherever we are)

Less than 24 house after the long awaited (and oft delayed) release of Cyberpunk2077, folks are on twitter crying that the character creation choices don't let them create the perfectly pan-sexual (or Trans or whatever) character.

In this thread on twitter ( https://twitter.com/outstarwalker/status/1336990599669485568 ) the.....person complains that there weren't enough choices to let him make an androgynous looking male, even though from the pictures he posted the game let him add a dick to the female body and go with that.

[shakes head]

Look, be trans, or pan, or dress however you want. I don't care.  Play video games, have fun, I also don't care.  But I wouldn't mind some realization that there are actual physical time and space restrictions to most forms of media, and they can't ALL have EVERYTHING.

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: in which folks whine because Cyberpunk not trans enough
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 04:07:04 PM »
Thank you.  Look, I don't give a crap what you are (LGBTQIARSTUVWXYZ or whatever).  Be a good human.  Don't try to force anyone else to believe whatever you believe.  Don[t preach to me.  And, to go with the OP, don't call for protests because a video game about WWII soldiers only has male characters in combat, or the film about two kids growing up doesn't have one being gay, etc.  Not including everyone in everything doesn't automatically mean discrimination.  So stop.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

griz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 04:30:27 PM »
But I wouldn't mind some realization that there are actual physical time and space restrictions to most forms of media, and they can't ALL have EVERYTHING.

I'm not sure if you are Sexist, Racist, Homophobic, Misogynist, or some other ist I can't think of the name for, but I'm sure you're an oppressor of some flavor, and I'm greatly offended!!!!   ;)
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 10:49:51 PM »
You don't have to go after the LGBTQIARSTUVWXYZ or whatever, the LGBTQIARSTUVWXYZ or whatever will go after you.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 11:11:28 PM »
You don't have to go after the LGBTQIARSTUVWXYZ or whatever, the LGBTQIARSTUVWXYZ or whatever will go after you.

Their terms are acceptable...
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2020, 08:32:13 AM »
I was disappoint. I wanted to create a trans character and commit suicide 41% of the time so that I could get the full trans experience.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama