Author Topic: The Gadsden Flag - "Sensitive Activity" on Amazon  (Read 772 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
The Gadsden Flag - "Sensitive Activity" on Amazon
« on: August 01, 2021, 09:19:09 AM »
So for those unaware, when you do Amazon reviews, they have a "sensitivity filter" that hides what they consider "sensitive reviews" that you make on your public profile page.

I had to replace my Gadsden flag, which flies under the US flag on my pole, and wrote a review about it. Yup, it's "sensitive".

I should buy a BLM flag just to write a review about it and see if that makes the filter as well.

EDIT: For clarification, they don't hide the review on the product page, they hide it on your profile page. I suppose to "protect you" the way they would for sensitive personal products?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 09:49:49 AM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: The Gadsden Flag - "Sensitive Activity" on Amazon
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2021, 09:49:55 AM »
This is my shocked face

NSA written tracking cookies that slip pass your browser filters also show that in addition to buying an extreme far right wing white supremacist terrorist flag you also visited far extreme right wing white supremacist terrorist sites such as foxnews and APS and visited a internet loophole gun retail site.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2021, 10:14:25 AM »
This is my shocked face

NSA written tracking cookies that slip pass your browser filters also show that in addition to buying an extreme far right wing white supremacist terrorist flag you also visited far extreme right wing white supremacist terrorist sites such as foxnews and APS and visited a internet loophole gun retail site.

Just for kicks, I reviewed my reviews. The items that had the sensitivity filter applied:

This flag
A holster
A starter for a Honda Rancher ???
Muscle Milk
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2021, 10:20:07 AM »
Just for kicks, I reviewed my reviews. The items that had the sensitivity filter applied:

This flag
A holster
A starter for a Honda Rancher ???
Muscle Milk

Right wing males who are into fitness are a threat to the country (no *expletive deleted*it that’s what the Twitter twats are saying) and the atv part means you are one of those dirty filthy flyover rubes who doesn’t understand advanced technology like photocopiers.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2021, 11:30:01 AM »
Hmmm

Note the bolded and underlined part

The Illinois Association of Chiefs of Police wanted more people to know about hero East Peoria Officer Jeffrey Bieber, so it planned to pay Facebook extra for a "boost" in distribution of its post, according to a report.

But the social networking giant rejected the police group’s request, citing "sensitive social issues" connected with the ad that could spark controversy, the Journal Star of Peoria reported.

Facebook rejects Illinois police group's ‘officer of the year’ post over ‘sensitive social issues’: report
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/facebook-rejects-illinois-police-group-s-officer-of-the-year-post-over-sensitive-social-issues-report/ar-AAMO8Y2?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

griz

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2021, 12:41:16 PM »
Part of FB's reply:

"As per policy: Your ad may have been rejected because it mentions politicians or is about sensitive social issues that could influence public opinion, how people vote and may impact the outcome of an election or pending legislation."

I don't do FB at all, so maybe I'm not understanding.  Are they saying this has to be done like a political ad?  Are posts mentioning actual candidates under the same scrutiny?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2021, 12:47:53 PM »
Part of FB's reply:

"As per policy: Your ad may have been rejected because it mentions politicians or is about sensitive social issues that could influence public opinion, how people vote and may impact the outcome of an election or pending legislation."

I don't do FB at all, so maybe I'm not understanding.  Are they saying this has to be done like a political ad?  Are posts mentioning actual candidates under the same scrutiny?

Yeah, I didn't get that either. Facebook leaves tons of lefty stuff on that CLEARLY influences public opinion, especially with their help, censoring and "curating".

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2021, 01:10:20 PM »
I run Facebook ads for my books.  I think this is much ado about nothing.  When creating an ad, you have to check a box as to whether it's political in any way, or not.  If you don't, and FB disagrees, they'll block it.

Furthermore, "boosting" a post requires you to have a product page.  If the PD set up their page as a product page, they could boost a post essentially turning it into an ad.  As such, the same rules apply.

I think the PD didn't want to play by FB's rules, and make public their grievance.  I'm not an expert but I think if they'd just checked the box, the ad would have run.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2021, 01:53:36 PM »
So Honda Ranchers are political?
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2021, 01:55:58 PM »
It was the similarly in terminology and the timing of that popping up that caught my eye
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2021, 06:51:14 PM »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2021, 06:39:11 AM »
I don't know why you're seeing a filter, but I just Amazon searched Gadsden flag and there are NO filters at all. Just lots and lots of glorious, trigger, flags for sale.

Oh, wait, the review. Sorry, misread.

Stupid.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2021, 06:41:48 AM »
Yeah, I didn't get that either. Facebook leaves tons of lefty stuff on that CLEARLY influences public opinion, especially with their help, censoring and "curating".

Sill unwoke CIS normal cracker shitlord!

Left influencing is CORRECT influencing!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.