Author Topic: Gunman in deadly Fort Worth shooting stoned to death by angry mob  (Read 771 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Gunman in deadly Fort Worth shooting stoned to death by angry mob
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdACG7Pe6QM

https://www.fox4news.com/news/gunman-in-deadly-fort-worth-shooting-stoned-to-death

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/fort-worth/article253024688.html

I came across this youtube video this morning. 

A man attending the party became upset and left, but he returned with another person, police said. They went to the backyard and argued with several people.

The man shot at least one person in the backyard, and fled as other party-goers chased the shooter, police said.

The shooter turned and fired at the group, but other people picked up concrete landscaping bricks and hurled them at the shooter, police said.

At some point, the shooter was caught by the group, and either fell or was taken down by the group. The shooter continued shooting, striking at least at least three others, authorities said.

One of the gunshot victims died at the scene, police said.

I like their spirit, but gotta find a better way to take down an active shooter than throwing paving stones so more people don't get shot. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Gunman in deadly Fort Worth shooting stoned to death by angry mob
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 09:33:02 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 09:58:33 AM »
How Biblical...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 10:02:15 AM »
How Biblical...

Hey, if it works !!!  =)

(I wonder what caliber those pavers were ...)

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 10:05:20 AM »
How about slingshots?

Civilians with sling shots and homemade shotguns are scrambling to repel terrorists with assault rifles in Nigeria’s north, according to a leader of the group that saw action the night of July 31.

“We laid in the grass firing stones with our slingshots and firing the few Dane guns [shotguns] in our possession to scare the attackers,” said a civilian watch leader, who declined to give his name.

“The locally made ones [guns] fire only pellets not bullets. The shots don’t go more than 50 meters and can’t be automatic, unlike the AK47/9 [used by the terrorists] which can fire up to 3 rounds/sec and a distance of 300-400m,” wrote Gabriel Ad’Ofikwu, a retired Major in the Nigerian Army, in a text message. “They are by far inefficient to repel the attackers.”

Despite their weak firepower, the vigilantes were unyielding during the invasion, blocking the terrorists  to allow women and children to evacuate, the young citizen watch leader told The Epoch Times.

More at:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/sling-shots-defend-against-terrorists-ak-47s-in-nigerias-plateau-state_3932097.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2021, 11:17:41 AM »
Palestinian protestors regularly use slingshots in their clashes with Israeli troops. Not sure if any troops have ever been killed by a slingshot, but more than a few have been injured.

The Romans used slingshots with great effect.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/article/ancient-slingshot-lethal-44-magnum-scotland
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2021, 11:40:41 AM »
Whateer weapon comes to hand.

I still opine that the world would be a lot more peaceful if every person who wanted one could be issued a .22 single shot rifle and ammo in unlimited quantities.

I have recently updated my position from "a brick of ammo" to "ammo in unlimited quantities."

Call me old fashioned,  I don't mind.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2021, 11:49:08 AM »
Whateer weapon comes to hand.

I still opine that the world would be a lot more peaceful if every person who wanted one could be issued a .22 single shot rifle and ammo in unlimited quantities.

I have recently updated my position from "a brick of ammo" to "ammo in unlimited quantities."

Call me old fashioned,  I don't mind.

Terry, 230RN

If I'm limited to 22lr I request this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J50N5lQoAFw
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2021, 01:01:13 PM »
^ The 10/22 comes pretty close to that, with 20 round magazines where not infringed upon, and with the infringement of semi auto only. 

Terry, 230RN

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2021, 01:03:59 PM »
Get a shotgun. Get a shotgun.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2021, 01:20:02 PM »
Get a shotgun. Get a shotgun.

That's what Resident Biden advises, so it must be a good idea.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2021, 02:47:13 PM »
I was wondering when that would be specifically mentioned. I'm sure President Biden was thinking of birdshot with his advice to fire in the air, but I don't think he or his advisers thought of buckshot or slugs coming back down.  Piss-poor advice any way you look at it, even if claimed as a joke.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2021, 03:16:53 PM »
Back during the Roaring 90s here in St. Louis, I kept a wrist rocket and a bunch of .50 lead balls in my glove compartment. I don't know if it would be fatal, but they would go through a 1" pine board.
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2021, 04:21:23 PM »
I am waiting for someone to call for stone control:

"If only those stone pavers had been secured, it would have saved my son's life.  We can't keep stone pavers just lying around for some little kids to access.  They might stone each other.
Stone pavers need to be secured when not in use or disassembled.  We don't give lawn darts to little kids (anymore), why would we let them access stones!"
 :old: :old:

"If this man had been wearing a helmet and a life preserver, he would still be alive today!"
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2021, 04:26:37 PM »
Another victim of COVID. If only he had been vaccinated
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2021, 06:17:08 PM »
Another victim of COVID. If only he had been vaccinated

The data clearly show that over 99% of violent criminals had failed to receive a covid-19 vaccine.* Demand your congressmen mandate vaccines for all citizens immediately. The life you save may be your own.

*Our study included data from the years 1964-2014.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2021, 09:07:15 PM »
That crowd went pavemental.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.