Author Topic: Yet Another Amazon Thing That Irks Ben  (Read 315 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Yet Another Amazon Thing That Irks Ben
« on: August 09, 2021, 07:53:12 PM »
Yet he keeps shopping there... :laugh:

Now it's "digital credits". It used to be that if you, for instance, chose a slower shipping method, or bought some item Amazon had a promotion on, they would offer you digital credit, usually a buck or two, to apply to Kindle books, music, streaming rentals, etc. Pretty much whatever digital thing you wanted, and it was automatically applied to your next digital purchase.

While they still offer the credit, it is now for "select items". I got a notice that a credit was about to expire with a link to content I could spend it on. It was incredibly select, as in crap I would never read, watch, or listen to.

I thought that the old way was a great idea, which saved the customer a couple of bucks and likely saved Amazon a good deal of dough. Now it appears to be useless to me, so why choose a slow shipping method, or Amazon Day shipping anymore? If there is no incentive, I'll just make Amazon drive out here every other day, and fully use prime one day shipping.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: Yet Another Amazon Thing That Irks Ben
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 09:23:09 PM »
Dear Amazon - I spend money with y'all. I always have the stuff shipped to a dropbox, because the lowlife scum that steals packages, and who gets free Prime, would grab the stuff off my front steps. It irritates me that you insist upon subsidizing them with my meager contribution - I figure most of them "take home" more than I do monthly.

Gee... maybe I should just hang out and follow a van...
Blog under construction