Author Topic: Obama, Brown discuss 'special relationship'  (Read 874 times)

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
Obama, Brown discuss 'special relationship'
« on: July 26, 2008, 10:34:56 AM »
That's two today.  Who thinks up these headlines?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/26/obama.london/index.html

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Obama, Brown discuss 'special relationship'
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 10:35:16 AM »
I'm sure they'll make a very happy couple.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 11:23:14 AM »
Too bad "Don't ask, don't tell" doesn't apply to the Commander In Chief.....  undecided
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 12:08:52 PM »
The Democratic candidate admitted that his ratings may have slipped in the United States since he's been away, as Americans focus more on domestic problems like gas prices and home foreclosures than on his travels abroad.

Your ratings are slipping because you act like you care more about the rest of the world than you do the United States  angry

Posted by Thomas DiLorenzo at July 25, 2008 10:54 AM

Here's the "Help Wanted" ad Obama apparently believes he's answering by running for president:

HELP WANTED

Job Description: Emperor of the World

Requirements: Not much. "Community organizing" of welfare beggars in any American city will do. In addition, must be willing to threaten nuclear annihilation of any country that balks at complete, 100% obedience to American foreign policy. If such mass murder is necessary, must be good at telling lies about your true intentions by calling the mass murder "a new birth of freedom," "exporting democracy," "eradicating evil from the earth," etc., etc.

At least three references required, along with a 100,000 word essay on "Why I Want to Be Emperor of the World."

Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

agricola

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 12:57:16 PM »
I'm sure they'll make a very happy couple.

By December they could just be the ex-PM, and the failed Democratic candidate. 

*basks in a warm glow at the thought*
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"