Author Topic: Audi accused of Volkswagening  (Read 1002 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Audi accused of Volkswagening
« on: November 06, 2016, 05:57:04 PM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/us-regulator-found-another-cheat-device-in-audi-car-report/ar-AAjXcsZ?OCID=ansmsnnews11

So Audi cars may have been cheating, as well. I think I'd like to see every domestic and foreign car manufacturer do this.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
Re: Audi accused of Volkswagening
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 06:35:39 PM »
So Audi cars may have been cheating, as well. I think I'd like to see every domestic and foreign car manufacturer do this.
I'd like to see an aftermarket product to allow individual car owners to do this.  >:D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 07:08:00 PM »
I'd like to see an aftermarket product to allow individual car owners to do this.  >:D

Anybody who has a laptop and a ODBII adapter can already if they know what they're doing.
I promise not to duck.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 07:47:36 PM »
Count me in the vw and audi diesel fan club.  Eff the epa and its risible diesel rqts.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 08:18:22 PM »

uhh.........there's an entire industry of bushiness that will flash your ECU for you.  Several of them just sell you the tuner to plug in and go. Maybe half of those tunes don't mess with emissions in some way.........MAYBE half.

Anyone that's ever been behind a tuned 3/4 ton diesel that passes another car can tell you they don't pass emissions anymore.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 08:32:16 PM »
Anyone that's ever been behind a tuned 3/4 ton diesel that passes another car can tell you they don't pass emissions anymore.

Yeah, DPF deletes hit the market like five minutes after DPFs did.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zahc

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 08:47:21 PM »
I wonder if it's actually illegal. They did pass the test. it's not like they bribed the operator to falsify the results or something. It really comes down to the letter of the law.

It is typical for cars to get peak mileage at the speeds EPA uses for MPG testing; is that illegal?
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine