Author Topic: Dear patient, who is being controlled by satellite  (Read 2192 times)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: Dear patient, who is being controlled by satellite
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2019, 02:49:52 PM »
*shrug* Actually, I'd vote to give him an MRI (or at least some kind of imaging of his leg)

Just because he's nuttier than squirrel poop in the Planter's factory, it doesn't mean that he's lying about the pain. There really might be something wrong with the leg. Doubtful it's a satellite controlled chip, but that doesn't rule out something like injury or tumor or whatever.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2019, 02:53:54 PM »
*shrug* Actually, I'd vote to give him an MRI (or at least some kind of imaging of his leg)

Just because he's nuttier than squirrel poop in the Planter's factory, it doesn't mean that he's lying about the pain. There really might be something wrong with the leg. Doubtful it's a satellite controlled chip, but that doesn't rule out something like injury or tumor or whatever.

Xray would be pretty trivial, and metal would show right up

I'd vote to give him an MRI

And it just occurred to me that the whole time I've followed this thread I've been assuming it was a "her".  Interesting.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2019, 03:55:49 PM »
It is a him.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2019, 04:27:43 PM »
... unless he/she/it/xe/whatever declares otherwise.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2019, 04:30:05 PM »
Maybe convince him that the satellite is being controlled by someone he trusts, and they've promised to never use it.  Trying to talk him out of the delusion is a long, uphill battle, and odds are it's unwinnable.  Making it a benign delusion would do wonders for his peace of mind, seems to me. 
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2019, 07:44:03 AM »
It is a him.

How dare you gender assign someone who has clearly been assigned by the satellite...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.