Author Topic: SK Man Hurts Himself Trying to Loosen Lug Nut -- With a Shotgun  (Read 1753 times)

geronimotwo

• friend
SK Man Hurts Himself Trying to Loosen Lug Nut -- With a Shotgun
« on: December 01, 2007, 06:49:39 AM »
http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2007/nov/10/sk-man-hurts-himself-trying-to-loosen-lug-nut/

What's this?SOUTH KITSAP

A 66-year-old man shot himself in both his legs Saturday afternoon while trying to loosen a stubborn lug nut with a 12-gauge shotgun.

Kitsap County sheriff's deputies were called to the residence on the 10800 block of SE Olympiad Drive at 2:57 p.m. after the shooting was reported to 911 emergency dispatchers, said Deputy Scott Wilson, a sheriff's office spokesman.

"Nobody else was there and he wasn't intoxicated," Wilson said.

South Kitsap Fire and Rescue medics treated the man at the scene. He was taken to Tacoma General Hospital. Wilson said his injuries were "severe but not life-threatening."

Deputies at the scene reported the man blasted "double-ought" buckshot at the wheel from "arm's length," Wilson said.

The deputies described the man's legs as "peppered" from his feet to his mid-abdomen with pellets, pieces of the wheel and other debris. Some injuries went as far up as his chin.

The man had been repairing the Lincoln Continental for two weeks, and had removed all the lug nuts on the right rear wheel except for one.

"He's bound and determined to get that lug nut off," Wilson said, who did not know how long the man had been trying to free the lug nut.

The deputies did not take a statement from the man beyond what they were able to gather while he was being treated by medics.

"I don't think he was in any condition to say anything," Wilson said. "The pain was so severe, and the shock."

honestly, this made me laugh when i read it....,but, i hope he will be allright. i wonder what else he has used it for?

can opener?

make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
Re: SK Man Hurts Himself Trying to Loosen Lug Nut -- With a Shotgun
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 07:12:06 AM »
Heat, impact... sounds reasonable on the surface.

Did the nut come off?
7-11 was a part time job.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 10:32:00 AM »
Duplicate
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 04:54:28 PM »
Heat, impact... sounds reasonable on the surface.

Did the nut come off?
Maybe, it looks like they got the nut off the floor and took him to the hospital.  Smiley
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 04:56:05 PM »
If you just have to use the shotgun, wouldn't it have made more sense to use it as a cheater pipe to extend the lug wrench and get more leverage? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

mgdavis

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 05:09:30 PM »
I bet if he'd just soaked it in WD-40 he wouldn't have had to resort to the shotgun=D. Of course, I wouldn't necessarily expect someone from Port Orchard to make that connection. It's still something I would have expected to come from North Mason though.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 07:03:40 PM »
If you just have to use the shotgun, wouldn't it have made more sense to use it as a cheater pipe to extend the lug wrench and get more leverage? 

On the other thread, someone surmised that he was using the shotgun for that purpose, when it was discharged.  Which I think just makes it funnier.   smiley
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

jeepmor

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 11:14:19 PM »
So, I'm guessin he ran out of hammers.

Someone buy that man a can of PB Blaster, that stuff just works.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.

"Oh, so now you're saying they don't have a right to whine about their First Amendment rights?  Fascist."  -fistul

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 06:42:45 AM »
Loosey Goosey.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 02:13:35 PM »
"Nobody else was there and he wasn't intoxicated," Wilson said.
That's a relief.  At least we know the guy was straight-up stupid.  What's that signature?  "Stupidity should be painful."
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon