Author Topic: Gamecube Controlers  (Read 600 times)

Polishrifleman

• friend
Gamecube Controlers
« on: December 04, 2007, 07:50:29 AM »
I just bought my eldest son a gamecube off ebay.  It came with one controler and I need a couple more.  The market is flooded with $10 controlers and I haven't touched a joystick since commodore 64.  Any off brands I should be wary of or any recommendations.  These are young kids so having the coolest thing isn't necessary YET and they don't need to be wireless or anything special just work the way the are supposed to.

Thanks

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: Gamecube Controlers
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 07:56:56 AM »
Go to a Gamestop and look for used ones.

The best ones are the original Nintendo models, and the best model of that is the wireless Wavebird. Some other stores might still have them in stock.

Everyone expects wireless controllers now anyway, plus there's no cords to trip on...and since the Gamecube is now obsolete, the controllers have gotten cheaper.

Avoid the ultra-cheap third-party ones entirely, they're junk and will just fail to respond to input properly after a while.

Polishrifleman

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 08:03:29 AM »
I'm almost obsolete, thanks for the input.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 08:05:23 AM »
Heh. Obsolete just means in terms of marketing, it's going to be off the shelves soon, which means the accessories get cheap. (LoZ: Twilight Princess was considered the last flagship title for the Gamecube, focus has moved to the Wii) Doesn't mean the system is bad. Kids can have a great time bashing on each other with an old N-64 and the original Smash Bros, in fact, that's a used system I recommend to people with small kids. That and Mario Kart will keep them happy for hours, plus the carts are less prone to destruction than CDs.

In fact, there's a Retro Gamer magazine out there now, and I myself have a Dreamcast, Saturn, Genesis and NES that are still plugged in and work, even a vintage 1978 Atari 2600.

Good games don't go obsolete if they're fun, the units just go off the market in terms of what's the latest thing.