Author Topic: Spam os Scam?  (Read 838 times)

Leatherneck

• friend
Spam os Scam?
« on: December 04, 2007, 09:00:11 AM »
From my inbox at work:

YOU BRING HOPE AND A SMILE
It may be small but your gifts could change a child's life for some of the worlds most disadvantaged children.
Your gift could be the first present they have ever received in their lives.
Your simple act of generosity could give hope to children caught in the midst of wars,diseases, natural disasters and extreme poverty and shows them that they have not been forgotten.

THE POWERFUL GIFT
Your gift will make a child feel special and valued and let them know that somebody cares about them.
Wrapping , posting and shipping a gift is a fun, rewarding activity for all the family especially knowing that these gifts are so greatfully received and will be treasured for life.

FROM YOU TO A CHILD IN NEED
Your gifts will be hand deliverd to a child in need. (A.P.E.P) empowers local partners to ensure that your gifts are deliverd with the highest level of integrity and respect and when appropriate in a culturally sensitive way.
All gifts are given to the children most in need regardless of nationality, political background or religious beliefs.

So please encourage your family and friends, your local church or mosque, school or workplace to get involved. Your gift will encourage in ways you could never imagine. Please all we are asking for is ?12 (Twelve pounds sterling)as yearly donation. Make your cheque payable to A.P.E.P and send to our office address below or you can use your credit/debit to make donation directly via all money transfer agencies in your locality to the following details; The secretary, Ms Doris Ebri Banjul, The Gambia West Africa EVERTHING ACCEPTABLE, BOTH NEW AND USED All donated items will be carefully repaired and distributed accordingly.

THE POWER OF A SIMPLE GIFT

MEETING CRITICAL NEEDS OF VICTIMS OF WAR, POVERTY, FAMINE, DISEASES AND NATURAL DISASTERS

Thanks for your donation.
Yours Faithfully
Mrs Anne Lynds
Vice President
ASSOCIATION FOR POVERTY ERADICATION PROGRAMME.
A.P.E.P (INTERNATIONAL)
18 QUORN CRESCENT COALVILLE, LEICESTERSHIRE. LE67 4SQ. ENGLAND
TEL-447982865335 FAX-447006020931
apep2020@btinternet.com
apep2020@yahoo.co.uk

I didn't catch on until I saw it was from Gambia. Poverty eradication indeed. rolleyes

TC
TC
RT Refugee

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Spam os Scam?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 09:06:20 AM »
Spam os Scam?

Yes.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 09:22:59 AM »
There's actually an official Nigerian poverty eradication program. I suspect that this is nothing more than a take off from that.

Hey Tom, I'll give you a shiny nickle if you write back and tell them that you'd like to donate a truckload of canned hams, but only if they are guaranteed of going to a primarily Muslim community. You just want to share some of the joy of a traditional American Christmas feast with them...

Oh dear, am I being bad again?  angel
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 09:50:50 AM »
Is Nigeria's state industry internet scams?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 09:52:28 AM »
Nah. It's really a thriving cottage industry.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 10:05:25 AM »
Maybe I'll offer them a load of ham and send spam instead.

Jeez, I crack myself up. grin

TC
TC
RT Refugee

Strings

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 11:44:35 AM »
I've talked with folks from other African nations, and they all seem to have nothing but absolute contempt for Nigeria.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 03:11:10 PM »
I've talked with folks from other African nations, and they all seem to have nothing but absolute contempt for Nigeria.

Heck.  Even Nigerians have nothing but contempt for Nigeria....  My family's doc emigrated here from Nigeria back in the 70's to go to med school.  He loves his family that's still there, but hates the country.....
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy