Author Topic: Kel-Tec YOU SUCK! I HATE YOU! OLEG TOO!  (Read 8148 times)

SADShooter

• friend
Re: Kel-Tec YOU SUCK! I HATE YOU! OLEG TOO!
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2011, 09:26:28 AM »
Bloody. Freaking. Hell. I'm already broke.

Want, with sell fluids/organs desperation.

SADShooter
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2011, 09:33:18 AM »
Why minishells?  They're FUN and a good way to train youngsters on a fullsized gun without fullsized recoil.  A minishell in a normal 12ga gun has less recoil than even a 410. 

If the price is right and it's reliable, I'll probably get one even if it doesn't feed minishells, but having that capability just sweetens the deal.

Chris

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2011, 09:41:12 AM »
This may wind up being my first shotgun.

I was getting all ready to buy a Mossberg in 1st quarter this year.  All I wanted it for was HD and gun games... if I want to hunt tiny AZ doves and such then I'll go out and get a 20ga NEF or something.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2011, 09:46:02 AM »
Am I correct in assuming that the entire idea of the minishell is to be able to load more rounds?
And if so, might I inquire as to which shotgun you are currenly cramming 14 of them into?

Why minishells?  They're FUN and a good way to train youngsters on a fullsized gun without fullsized recoil.  A minishell in a normal 12ga gun has less recoil than even a 410.  

If the price is right and it's reliable, I'll probably get one even if it doesn't feed minishells, but having that capability just sweetens the deal.

Chris

What mtnbkr wrote.  It is not a capacity thing, it is a recoil thing.

Plus, I am of the mind that the mini-shell slugs are powerful & penetrative enough for HD.  7/8oz slug at 1200fps.  HEck the mini-buck is something like 7 #4 buck plus 4 #1 buck at 1200fps.

The "load Sunday and shoot all week" aspect of greater mini-shell capacity is incidental.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2011, 09:56:08 AM »
7/8oz slug at 1200fps.

That's a 383grain, .73caliber projectile.  That's roughly 500Linebaugh performance out of a gun that would hold 20ish shots.  That'll slow someone down...

This would make a dandy camp gun in bear country too. Let her rip when Yogi comes sniffing around for pic-a-nic baskets.

Ooh ooh, I just though of other fun stuff.  Bird Bombs.  Lots.Of.Bird.Bombs. :D

Chris

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2011, 10:02:08 AM »
In the KTOG thread, the KelTec rep said it hasn't been tested with mini shells, but that was an interesting idea.
I'm perfectly happy with the gun the way it is.  Iron ghost rings, maybe a red dot, 3 point sling.....drrool
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2011, 12:03:29 PM »
It was hinted at over on KTOG that a semi-auto was a possibility someday. Considering how autos fit in the same exact size/space envelope as pumps, I think it's eminintely do-able. Although the ability to switch ammo especially for LE between lethal, and less-lethals would probably keep the pump on the front burner IMO. (OTOH, actually loading a tube with bean-bags, baton, etc. and the other with buck or slugs... that might be a LEA liability nightmare, dunno...)

And others who suggested a follow-on model with 20" barrel and 20 shells were treated kindly for the suggestion...  =)

It cries out for a good reflex sight, something I thought I'd never put on a shotgun, but KT has produced a shotgun so un-derivative of other shotguns, I'll make the exception.

If it turns out to be reliable, I'll take two, no three. 

One question...how do you load it?

It is somewhat derivative, google the Neostead from South Africa. Twin magazine tube bullpup pump action. Although the design is flipped from the Keltec here, and has other differences. However, it never made it to market here, so kudos on KT for running with the idea.

You load it much like a traditional pump, (Like a bottom-ejecting Ithaca) there's just an extra-wide loading/ejection port with two openings in there.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 12:10:27 PM by AJ Dual »
I promise not to duck.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2011, 12:04:17 PM »
I am less than impressed by the mini slugs, they are smaller than bore by a good bit at least on my IC 870 and no provision for a skirt or wad that expands to bore size. My 870 fed them okay, accuracy was teh suck. But I do want this thing. Makes not being able to touch a Neostad all better.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2011, 12:13:03 PM »
Yeah, no interest in mini-shells either. If 14+1 isn't enough, my Saiga and 20 round drums will satisfy that urge.

And if you have the right gear, low-recoil, lightweight shells for plinking or the recoil sensitive can be loaded up more economically, especially if you're starting with once-fired hulls. The Lee LoadAll II is only $40 online in several places.
I promise not to duck.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2011, 12:24:02 PM »
You know....a screw on recoil compensator would be the bees knees....I'll have to post the suggestion to keltec.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2011, 12:26:25 PM »

At $600 to $800...   If quality is acceptable, I will buy three. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2011, 12:40:03 PM »
Anyone else picturing Elmer Fudd out in the woods with one of these? "Hunting waaabbits:laugh:

First thing Tuco'd do is shoot at 25 from station 7 and 8.
7-11 was a part time job.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2011, 12:42:16 PM »
The fact that they're taking on so many new products, RFB, PMR-30, the announced RMR-30 companion carbine, and now this, I REALLY hope it means KT has sorted out their production bottlenecks, whatever they are.  =|

They're missing out on a TON of business, considering MSRP on the RFB is $1200, which normally SHOULD mean a street price of about $1000 or so. They ought to be taking a HUGE bite out of both DSA's FAL business, and SA's M1A stranglehold on the .308 auto-loader market. And forcing those products pricing down too. I don't know about DSA, but I'll bet SA has a few hundred bucks they can cut somewhere with the Brazilian cast receivers and all those MIM parts...

It's better now, but RFB's are still going for $1500 on up. More like $1800-1900 due to short supply. Sometimes one that makes it through the dealer/distributor channel goes for $1300. I'd feel a bit better to see some market-flooding on KT's existing products that aren't meeting demand before announcing new ones.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 12:50:43 PM by AJ Dual »
I promise not to duck.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2011, 01:40:47 PM »
Considering Ruger just introduced the LC9 today (PF9 copy, anyone?), I'm thinking Kel Tec is having a direct impact on the market.  Just not the semi-auto rifle market. 
JD

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2011, 01:44:23 PM »
Although the ability to switch ammo especially for LE between lethal, and less-lethals would probably keep the pump on the front burner IMO. (OTOH, actually loading a tube with bean-bags, baton, etc. and the other with buck or slugs... that might be a LEA liability nightmare, dunno...)

Oh hell f***ing no. Big no no, that would get screwed up and somebody would die.

LL shotguns are to be well designated as such and only ever loading with LL ammunition, and preferably, have bright orange stocks.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2011, 01:54:18 PM »
I'm glad I'm stationed in California.  That thing probably won't be sold here since it would make people wet their pants.  Now I have two or three years to save up money for that, and time to build up my stock of 12 GA ammo.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2011, 02:25:39 PM »
Considering Ruger just introduced the LC9 today (PF9 copy, anyone?), I'm thinking Kel Tec is having a direct impact on the market.  Just not the semi-auto rifle market. 

Oh, oh, oh.  That's what it was (gone on service call all morn).

Better sights, and a (ooof!) manual safety (why?).  SRP $443, which means street price is still going to be about a hundred more than I paid for my PF9.

We shall see.

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2011, 03:26:57 PM »
Ruger LC9: Yawn.

Had they put out an LCR in 22lr, I would have been all over that.  I don't need or want a bottom feeder.

Chris

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2011, 03:52:31 PM »
Oh, oh, oh.  That's what it was (gone on service call all morn).

Better sights, and a (ooof!) manual safety (why?).  SRP $443, which means street price is still going to be about a hundred more than I paid for my PF9.

We shall see.

Because the lawyers said so....  ;/
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2011, 05:45:23 PM »
damn,  just re-read NYS law which states that is is unlawful to have a "large capacity ammunition feeding device".  as defined below:

“Large capacity ammunition feeding device” means
a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device,
manufactured after September 13, 1994, that has a
capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted
to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition. There
is an exception for an attached tubular device designed
to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber
rimfire ammunition.

double damn!
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2011, 06:06:50 PM »
but this one has 2 , 7 rounders

;)
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2011, 06:20:10 PM »
i like the way you think!
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Lee

• friend
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2011, 10:46:46 PM »
Either I'm getting old (a given), or that is one really cool looking shotgun that pretty blond girl is holding.  I barely even noticed her...not really... but that SG really is sweet.   

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2011, 08:19:47 AM »
Either I'm getting old (a given), or that is one really cool looking shotgun that pretty blond girl is holding.  I barely even noticed her...not really... but that SG really is sweet.   

I thought she was kind of young looking, which is making me think I'm getting old.

JD

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2011, 08:24:36 AM »
I thought she was kind of young looking, which is making me think I'm getting old.

I doubt you are older than 2(Ac - 7)
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage