Author Topic: Lost for Six Days in an Oregon Forest  (Read 8147 times)

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: Lost for Six Days in an Oregon Forest
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2012, 03:33:19 PM »
After only a couple days they're prepared to eat Fido? Really?

I saw that also. I also read somewhere that they couldn't get a fire going. It seems that everyone of them carries a lighter but this time none did. That would have been Fido sashimi, probably not much more palatable to them than the mushrooms they tried to eat.

Some people should be eaten by bears.

bob

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2012, 03:51:07 PM »
I think if they tried to eat Fido, he would have won that battle.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2012, 09:54:36 PM »
in an interview in pit bull times the dog revealed there were plenty of tasty mice and rats & that there was plenty of edible plants too.
When told of their plans to eat dog, the dog smiled and said "shuuuurrre"
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2012, 07:55:11 AM »
"Every other time we been out there, every one of us had lighters, except this time," Dan Conne said. "Rubbing sticks together? That don't work. Slamming rocks together? Only on TV.
Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better about your incompetence and unpreparedness.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2012, 09:00:11 AM »
in an interview in pit bull times the dog revealed there were plenty of tasty mice and rats & that there was plenty of edible plants too.
When told of their plans to eat dog, the dog smiled and said "shuuuurrre"

What I was thinking.  They're going to kill a pit bull.  With no tools.  And eat it, with no tools.   Riiiight.

But, we already knew they were deficient in the sphere of planning.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2012, 09:12:40 AM »
When someone is lost in the woods, the FBI should run a profile on them. If it is found that they are dipshits, like these morons, the rescue should be immediately called off. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2012, 09:54:19 AM »
What I was thinking.  They're going to kill a pit bull.  With no tools.  And eat it, with no tools.   Riiiight.

But, we already knew they were deficient in the sphere of planning.

lol  lost 2 more weeks  dog is found  alone  well fed
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2012, 10:02:24 AM »

lol  lost 2 more weeks  dog is found  alone  well fed

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2012, 10:23:14 AM »
and the average iq of the group rises with each meal
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

brimic

• friends
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2012, 10:42:40 AM »
When someone is lost in the woods, the FBI should run a profile on them. If it is found that they are dip*expletive deleted*s, like these morons, the rescue should be immediately called off.
Darwin tried real hard, but failed this time around.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2012, 10:55:32 AM »
Well the biggest problem is that the parents have already reproduced.  Sounds like only one needed to go to cleanse the gene pool.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2012, 12:02:41 PM »
Had they any decency whatsoever, they would have used a cellphone to videotape one another slamming sticks and rocks together to make fire. Trying to picture it is just not as amusing.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2012, 12:11:35 PM »
Damn hippies.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2012, 09:08:14 AM »
Damn hippies.

???  everyone knows that hippies are "one" with nature, and therefore do not need to fear long exposures with no food.

i remember as a kid my dad would always make a point of taking matches on a hike.  he also would leave interesting reading material around, such as "AF MANUAL 64-3" which i considered good reading.....and it was fun to practice making all the snares, deadfalls and shelters that were suggested.  speaking of which, i should leave that out for my girls to find.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2