Author Topic: Facebookers! Go like this new gun safety page!!  (Read 8130 times)

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Facebookers! Go like this new gun safety page!!
« on: April 17, 2014, 08:19:00 AM »
Somebody got to the name before nanny Bloomberg did on FB. It's his new name for his $50 million campaign. It is listed as a gun safety site. 4000+ likes in less than 24 hours. Go give them your support. The Nanny and his minions are in a tizzy over it, you don't want to miss all the fun. ;)

https://www.facebook.com/Everytownforgunsafety
Avoid cliches like the plague!

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: Facebookers! Go like this new gun safety page!!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 09:25:17 AM »
Done.
I promise not to duck.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 09:40:42 AM »
Done. The Sequel.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 09:50:04 AM »
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 09:55:22 AM »
*gigglesnort* love it
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 10:07:38 AM »
done.  they're almost to 5000.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 11:53:35 AM »
done.  they're almost to 5000.

Done.  They are over 6000 now.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 11:56:42 AM »
Done.  It'll be interesting to see if FB takes it down once the phrase "every town for gun safety" is copyrighted . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 12:14:06 PM »
Done.  They are over 6000 now.

Whoa!  They were only in the mid 4000's when I saw it this morning.

Gonna be a lot more difficult for Bloomberg's group to register the phrase.  Seems it's already in popular use by another large (and rapidly growing) group on social media.   >:D

Brad
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 12:22:08 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 12:19:19 PM »
Done.  It'll be interesting to see if FB takes it down once the phrase "every town for gun safety" is copyrighted . . .

How would that work legally I wonder? If the copyright comes after a group already legally purchased the domain name, wouldn't the copyright either not be approved, or at least postponed until the domain expires? It seems like it would be legally unethical to force someone that has already purchased a property right to give it up because someone else claims copyright after the fact.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 01:03:14 PM »
How would that work legally I wonder? If the copyright comes after a group already legally purchased the domain name, wouldn't the copyright either not be approved, or at least postponed until the domain expires? It seems like it would be legally unethical to force someone that has already purchased a property right to give it up because someone else claims copyright after the fact.

Personally, I doubt the bloomies care too much about the legalities.  The FB page isn't a domain in itself, and it's not purchased, so I don't think there's any way to bring legal pressure to bear on the person that set up the page.  FB could remove it though, if they felt there was some kind of copyright infringement, or for any other reason for that matter.

If this was an actual domain name, I think the owner would have every right to keep it, and the copyright owner would have every right to buy it . . .

Plus, "legally unethical" sounds like a redundancy . . .   :lol:
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 01:12:07 PM »
Page shows as a high search result on Yahoo. So, worth it for that aline, I would think, regardless of domain issues.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2014, 01:12:44 PM »
Personally, I doubt the bloomies care too much about the legalities.  The FB page isn't a domain in itself, and it's not purchased, so I don't think there's any way to bring legal pressure to bear on the person that set up the page.  FB could remove it though, if they felt there was some kind of copyright infringement, or for any other reason for that matter.

If this was an actual domain name, I think the owner would have every right to keep it, and the copyright owner would have every right to buy it . . .

Plus, "legally unethical" sounds like a redundancy . . .   :lol:

Ah, my reading comprehension error. I had thought the domain name was purchased. And roger on the redundancy. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

280plus

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2014, 01:23:54 PM »
Thanks all, the more the merrier, last look they were over 7000 and climbing rapidly. The story is that Titles and phrases like that are not copyrightable so Bloomberg has no legs there but he does have money and FB, of course, leans pretty far to the left so chances are he'll offer them dough and they'll pull it and give it to him. It sure is fun to stick it right up his wazoo for the time being though. I'm surprised it's still there at this point actually. It'll be interesting to watch this pan out.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2014, 01:29:02 PM »
Just about to pass 8000.  :laugh:

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2014, 01:31:14 PM »

This will be another astroturf org that will disappear when Bloomberg tries a new (old) tack.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2014, 01:33:32 PM »
Yup, something between 30 and 40 likes per minute. Amazing. But you're right Bloomberg will throw money at it and win in the end. Maybe. More talk is it is certainly geared more towards actual gun safety than anything bloomberg has planned for it so that MIGHT take precedence.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2014, 07:36:04 PM »
11,831 including mine.  I imagine FB will pull the page and give it to Bloomberg just anytime now.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Frank Castle

• friend
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2014, 08:14:41 PM »
Done !

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2014, 12:02:34 AM »
13,530 now!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2014, 08:25:21 AM »
14753 and rising quickly.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2014, 10:32:27 AM »
Was ~9.6K when I "liked" yesterday. Pleased to see 5K more thumbing their noses at Bloomie.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2014, 10:35:00 AM »
I'll have to do my annual log-in to facebook tonight to like the page.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

HankB

• friend
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2014, 11:16:52 AM »
up to 16,610 likes . . .  including mine.   [popcorn]
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2014, 11:54:25 AM »
I don't do Facebook, so I really don't know.  Is 17000 "likes" a lot?  That's where it is now, and climbing a few every second.
"It's good, though..."