Author Topic: Muslims, cabs, alcohol, and now, checkout clerks refusing to handle pork!  (Read 8182 times)

doczinn

• friend
The market will eventually correct the problem.
If we let it.
D. R. ZINN

brimic

• friends
If we let it.
So true sad
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
But, can't we help it along with some sort of government regulation?  You know, for the public good?

"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Manedwolf

• friend
This issue made the front page of the StarTribune today.

http://www.startribune.com/535/story/1052945.html

I think I have come up with a solution; don't hire a muslim if you have pork products in your store.

You'd have the ACLU's attack lawyers on you in seconds, much as about 20 of them are jumping on the mayor of Hazleton, Pennsylvania for daring to take a stand against the illegal-immigrant crime wave that's destroying his city.

thebaldguy

• friends
Manedwolf you are correct. But if it was a requirement to have direct knowledge/experience with ALL pizza toppings, I bet you could eliminate some problems!

I can imagine it already...

(angry muslim) "Why did you not hire me at the pizza place?"

(owner's response) "I hired someone who was better qualified/had more direct knowledge with pizza toppings like canadian bacon, sausage, and pepperoni!"

grin

On a more serious note, muslims are only hurting the perception of themselves. Many of us may think that they are taking advantage of our freedoms. How far can the American public be pushed? Many feel it's time to say enough. America is a very tolerant place; people have moved here from all over to be a part of the USA. Muslim demands, which to many of Americans find avoidable (on their part) and unreasonable, may backfire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
On a more serious note, muslims are only hurting the perception of themselves. Many of us may think that they are taking advantage of our freedoms. How far can the American public be pushed? Many feel it's time to say enough. America is a very tolerant place; people have moved here from all over to be a part of the USA. Muslim demands, which to many of Americans find avoidable (on their part) and unreasonable, may backfire.

These tactics have worked well for other groups.  Homosexuals most notably. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus

These tactics have worked well for other groups.  Homosexuals most notably. 

Yeah, but they aren't against handling meat.

<time to go...>
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Bigjake

• friend
100 internet cookies and 200 bonus points to the first person to go and piss off a cashier with a fine BLT, Bacon & Brie, Ham sandwich, or sausage biscuit. 5000 bonus points for the first manager to vocally and publicly fire the cashier in question for refusing to do his fugging job.

fresh outa easily offended haji cashiers, damn.

thebaldguy

• friends
Now it looks like Target is transferring cashiers who don't want to touch pork. And a local Muslim professor is claiming that this has been blown out of proportion, and accommodations could have been made. Who should be accommodating who here?

http://www.startribune.com/535/story/1061103.html

Waitone

• friend
The tactic is that of infiltration and law-fare as opposed to warfare.

Infiltrate a society, create legal situations causing civil liberties to get cross threaded with religious freedom, play the oppressed minority, siddle up to an ACLU buddy and presto chango, legal acton designed to change our society as opposed to aberant behavior.

The flying imams (?sp) just announced they are suing the airlines AND the passengers who objected to ther provocative behavior.

This is our future unless and until someone blows a whistle to stop it.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Standing Wolf

• friend
The tactic is that of infiltration and law-fare as opposed to warfare...

The whistle should have been blown September 12, 2001. Our failure to stand up for civilization then merely encouraged its avowed enemies to redouble their efforts to destroy civilization and inflict their religion upon the entire world.

Every time we cooperate with predators, we merely encourage them to enlarge the scope of their predations.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Manedwolf

• friend
The tactic is that of infiltration and law-fare as opposed to warfare...

The whistle should have been blown September 12, 2001. Our failure to stand up for civilization then merely encouraged its avowed enemies to redouble their efforts to destroy civilization and inflict their religion upon the entire world.

Every time we cooperate with predators, we merely encourage them to enlarge the scope of their predations.

9/11 is already being footnoted as another "it should have happened then". The earlier trade center bombing was "it should have happened then". The Cole was "it should have happened then".

We've not yet had our real Pearl Harbor. Probably won't till we lose a city or something.

De Selby

• friend
How many more Sikh gas station owners will have to be shot after the next Sept.11th before we decide that the hatemongering and stereotyping is enough?
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
How many more Sikh gas station owners will have to be shot after the next Sept.11th before we decide that the hatemongering and stereotyping is enough?
1326? Plus or minus a 100 or so...
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Strings

Ummm... Werewolf? The Sikhs had nothing to do with ANY of the terrorist actions against us: they just look kinda muslim...

CAnnoneer

• friend
Werewolf, do you really want to feed the troll? For your efforts, you will only get more trolling.

De Selby

• friend
CAnnoneer,

Personal insults are the tools of the bitter and small-minded.  Having a different opinion from yours does not make me a troll.  Believing that there is anti-Muslim bias and various other good things about Muslims certainly does make me unpopular....but not so unpopular that my comments would endanger a job or academic posting.  And rightly so, I'd say.

Believing that the holocaust wasn't that bad, that genocides are permissible, and saying all sorts of offensive things about how Jews control the media....well, you did all that, and do I call you a troll?  Let me ask you this...step out of internet land for a second,

How would your colleagues feel if you said the same things you write here about Jews, the Media, the Holocaust, and Genocide to them?  Would that be considered the equivalent of "trolling" the place where you work?  Do you think you would appreciate the things your Jewish co-researchers would have to say in response?

Oh well...not much point in trying to reason with hatred, I guess. 
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Manedwolf

• friend
Oh well...not much point in trying to reason with hatred, I guess. 

That'd be my opinion of Muslim extremists and how to deal with them, that's for sure. Thanks for supporting my view!

Considering they're the masters of blind hatred and horrific violence based on it, (blowing up markets, beheading, anyone?), that's exactly the needed sentiment right now.

Nope, we can't reason with them. We need to destroy them. The sooner we do it, the quicker and more efficiently and ruthlessly we do it, the less innocent people there and here will get hurt in the long run.

And "moderates" need to be told, bluntly, "We are going to destroy the extremist leaders among you, and their followers. We don't care how much you protest. We don't care if it's 'insensitive'. Shut up, get out of the way, or share their fate."

De Selby

• friend
Manedwolf,

The problem is that you don't want to just kill Muslim extremists.  You want to treat every Muslim like an extremist, and use "all means necessary."

People who resist the nuking of their cities are not Muslim extremists, they're sane.  So are people who resist religious intolerance.  And so are people who reject the "Protocols of the Elders of Mecca" type theories you seem to have bought into about Muslims.

Strings

I hope that "troll" statement wasn't aimed at me: I'd REALLY hate to think that anyone here would encourage the killing of members of another religion (Sikhs: they follow a variant of Hinduism) just because they look vaguely like the followers of yet another religion (muslims)...

Manedwolf

• friend
I hope that "troll" statement wasn't aimed at me: I'd REALLY hate to think that anyone here would encourage the killing of members of another religion (Sikhs: they follow a variant of Hinduism) just because they look vaguely like the followers of yet another religion (muslims)...

I think they're referring to shootinstudent.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in

How many were shot the first time?  I never heard about it. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Strings

there were quite a few, fistful. Since Sikhs also wear a form of turban, and have facial hair, some assume they're muslim. Hell, I have Sikh friends in Thailand that I first thought were muslim, so I can see the confusion. Of course, I wasn't looking to shoot anybody over their religion...

MechAg94

• friend
Manedwolf,

The problem is that you don't want to just kill Muslim extremists.  You want to treat every Muslim like an extremist, and use "all means necessary."

People who resist the nuking of their cities are not Muslim extremists, they're sane.  So are people who resist religious intolerance.  And so are people who reject the "Protocols of the Elders of Mecca" type theories you seem to have bought into about Muslims.
Who wants to nuke who?  No one has been nuked.  The only world leader I see seriously threatening to nuke anyone is the Iranian guy.
If "moderate" Muslims tolerate extremists to live among them and they help them, well they are not really moderate are they.  If most Muslims want peace, show it. 

NOTE:  Extremists Muslims = those that want to destroy the US, members of Al Queda, etc. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
Hunter, if you have any links, please post them.  I don't remember that either. 

In this particular case, the Muslims need to realize that shouldn't expect us to bend over backwards to accommodate them.  We have no problem tolerating them, but they have no right to force us to change because of them. 

It seems to me they have already been pushing the legal envelope in Europe quite a bit.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge