Author Topic: Prosecutorial misconduct and absolute immunity  (Read 2847 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Prosecutorial misconduct and absolute immunity
« on: August 02, 2013, 12:45:55 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/01/prosecutorial-misconduct-new-orleans-louisiana_n_3529891.html?view=print&comm_ref=false

Summary: prosecutors routinely violate the law in order to falsely convict, this is generally not found out, when it is they are almost never sanctioned in any way, in fact it generally helps their career, and it is almost impossible to hold them or the municipality they work for civilly liable.

I'm really growing more open to the idea of a return to monarchy and hereditary nobility. Basically the same as what we have now, but upfront and honest about it and with an instilled sense of noblesse oblige instead of a culture of destroying the lives of the lesser to further oneself.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

HankB

• friend
Re: Prosecutorial misconduct and absolute immunity
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 01:18:23 PM »
. . . I'm really growing more open to the idea of a return to monarchy and hereditary nobility. Basically the same as what we have now, but upfront and honest about it and with an instilled sense of noblesse oblige instead of a culture of destroying the lives of the lesser to further oneself.
Noblesse oblige? From the like of what we've got now?

More likely, we'd get Droit du seigneur.

(Think of how a Barney Frank would exercise this.   :O  )
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 02:09:52 PM »
No immunity for anyone.  Everyone subject to the same rules, personally, WRT civil and criminal infractions/abuses.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

zahc

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 02:22:12 PM »
It's not surprising; I mean, a 1st grader can predict what will happen when you combine human nature with immunity.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 03:00:20 PM »
No immunity for anyone.  Everyone subject to the same rules, personally, WRT civil and criminal infractions/abuses.

Disagree completely.  Breach of the public trust should be an aggravating factor with treble damages/sentences.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 03:48:03 PM »
Disagree completely.  Breach of the public trust should be an aggravating factor with treble damages/sentences.

That actually is one of the better ideas I've heard on this topic.  Removing immunity isn't a great idea.  I was sued probably 8 or 10 times while I was a prosecutor.  They were, fortunately, all crap suits, which were dismissed based on the immunity.  But, I also believe that if you break the rules of the profession, then you should lose.  Big time.  It wouldn't be too hard.  Lawsuit filed, alleges breach of public trust/violation of rules of prosecutor conduct.  If a prosecutor did the job right,  the case would likely be disposed of with something like a summary judgment motion.  Can't prove you did it right, then the case proceeds.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 03:52:55 PM by Chris »
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 04:51:50 PM »
When scum breaks the law, that is the end of it. They never promised anything else, and we should expect no  better.
When an official , who has SWORN AN OATH TO UPHOLD THE CONSTITUTION, breaks the law, they have not only broken the law in question, but broken their sworn oath, thus robbing the public trust.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 08:20:27 PM »
How about adding anther type of verdict?

Guilty, Not Guilty or Factually Innocent. If it comes back as Factually Innocent then a suit could be brought and the prosecutor would have to defend his decision. Any finding that exculpatory evidence or testimony was suppressed\tampered with would be an enhancement if there is a conviction.

Or maybe do away with the system we have now and go with a straight tort system. Bring back outlawry and enable private judges and so forth.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 11:21:01 PM »
My position is that those guilty of prosecutorial misconduct should be sentenced to serve the same sentence they tried to wrongly impose, up to and including the death penalty.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Re: Prosecutorial misconduct and absolute immunity
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2013, 02:57:30 AM »
My position is that those guilty of prosecutorial misconduct should be sentenced to serve the same sentence they tried to wrongly impose, up to and including the death penalty.
that would break em of sucking eggs

damn phone
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2013, 08:20:45 AM »

Necessary but not sufficient.  The apparatus that supports the prosecutor must be included.  Case in point Nyfong.  He was professionally destroyed (disbarred, bankruptcy, etc.) yet suffered no evident legal consequences.  Matter of fact there is a budding movement to restore Nyfong professional tickets . . . . all as a matter of justice.  Meanwhile I can't even find the name of the medical examiner who professionally and technically made Nyfong's malfeasance possible.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 08:24:37 AM by Waitone »
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2013, 10:46:08 PM »
Disagree completely.  Breach of the public trust should be an aggravating factor with treble damages/sentences.

Yeppers.

And Nancy Grace should be required to turn over 90 percent of her salary to charities that defend innocent people against disreputable prosecutors. (Yes, she was one who played those tricks. She was sanctioned more than once ... and look where it got her.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design