Author Topic: Weeping four-year-old girl accused of carrying a GUN by TSA officers  (Read 14090 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Weeping four-year-old girl accused of carrying a GUN by TSA officers after she hugged her grandmother while passing through security

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2134280/Weeping-year-old-girl-accused-carrying-GUN-TSA-officers-hugged-grandmother-passing-security.html

...a four-year-old girl was apparently subjected to a humiliating ordeal after she hugged her grandmother while she was waiting in line.

The girl was accused of having a gun and declared a 'high security threat', while agents threatened to shut down the whole airport if she could not be calmed down.

When asked about the overbearing treatment the girl received, a TSA spokesman did not apologise and insisted that correct procedures had been followed.

Ms Brademeyer and her two children had passed through security when the grandmother was detained after triggering an alarm on the scanners.

Isabella then, according to her mother, 'excitedly ran over to give her a hug, as children often do. They made very brief contact, no longer than a few seconds.'

The young girl was immediately detained by security agents, who apparently shouted at her that she would have to be frisked too, and refused to let her mother explain what has happening.

Ms Brademeyer wrote: 'It was implied, several times, that my mother, in their brief two-second embrace, had passed a handgun to my daughter.'

In her terror, Isabella tried to run away rather than face a full body pat-down, which unsurprisingly enraged the TSA officers further.

One officer even told the girl's mother that the airport would have to be shut down and every flight cancelled if the four-year-old did not co-operate.

They also apparently described the little girl as a 'high security threat'.

As Isabella was taken into a side room for a pat-down, accompanied by her mother, she could not stop crying and refused to let the agents touch her.

An officer repeatedly said she had 'seen a gun in a teddy bear' in the past, in an apparent attempt to justify the situation.

Ms Brademeyer continued: 'The TSO loomed over my daughter, with an angry grimace on her face, and ordered her to stop crying.

'When my scared child could not do so, two TSOs called for backup saying, "The suspect is not cooperating." The suspect, of course, being a frightened child.

This is why I don't fly with my family.  Being humiliated and having my nose rubbed in the TSA dog*expletive deleted* while hte TSA-tards wipe their asses with the COTUS is one thing.  Treat family that way, though, is different.  I suspect one or more of those mother *expletive deleted*ers would have ended up beaten to death and stomped into paste by my 12Ds were it my daughter so treated.

Tar & feathers are too good for them.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

brimic

• friends
Re: Weeping four-year-old girl accused of carrying a GUN by TSA officers
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 11:27:43 AM »
I feel much safer now with TSA using their profiling prowess to pick out a 4 year old terrorist. ;/
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 11:57:38 AM »
http://bitcoin.org/

http://www.intrade.com/v4/home/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_market

We're getting close... Seems to me there's two ways to go about this. At the top, where the policy is made, or the department created, or at the bottom, where it's enforced, and the actual thuggishness happens.

There HAS to be a tipping point sooner or later. When is it?
I promise not to duck.

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 12:59:31 PM »
This is an overseas report on life in the USA.
 Not infowarsprisionplanetwnd. 
7-11 was a part time job.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 01:42:58 PM »
If it were my daughter, I would be going to jail that day.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 02:28:02 PM »
One officer even told the girl's mother that the airport would have to be shut down and every flight cancelled if the four-year-old did not co-operate.

I would have called their bluff on this one.   >:D

The proper procedure would have been to have the kid walk through the magnetometer again.  That could have been done without upsetting everyone -- but not as big a power trip for the goon squad.

If it were my daughter, I...
What would you do, Frankie?
"It's good, though..."

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 02:28:39 PM »
If it were my daughter, I would be going to jail that day.
If it were my daughter, the airport would have gone into lockdown and many people would have missed their flight.  All without me raising my voice or leaving my seat.  Daughters need to learn their power early.  >:D
7-11 was a part time job.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 02:30:48 PM »

TSA is, has been, and always be more of a threat to the United States than any terrorist.

Of which, they've caught...  none.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 02:34:22 PM »
presuming the one side we got is completely unshaded..? [popcorn] >:D
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 02:41:08 PM »

Eh, it's the Daily Mail. Not the highest regarded name in journalism, but it's a lowly regarded career.

From my personal interactions with the TSA, this case may or may not be accurately portrayed but the incident as described is TSA SOP. TSA acts unprofessional, and covers it up with overblown accusations to make it sound like they are defending natural security.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 02:41:55 PM »

The TSA has long since lost the benefit of such considerations from me.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

• friends
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 02:55:18 PM »
lets see the tape

its amazing to see how many folks go oopsy when the tape comes out
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 04:30:50 PM »
lets see the tape

its amazing to see how many folks go oopsy when the tape comes out
I agree about holding back a bit for at least some follow up info, however, the comment about thinking they see a gun in a teddy bear is just nuts to me.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 04:33:17 PM »
Hey, at least they are following the rules.  Security threat, possible concealed gun, then when the passenger is flagged, what looks like a hand-off?

I'd be more outraged if their security protocol could be breached by the social engineering of a smiling four year old.  I'll save my outrage for the entire institution of the TSA existing; not on them actually doing their jobs.

• friends
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 05:36:55 PM »
I agree about holding back a bit for at least some follow up info, however, the comment about thinking they see a gun in a teddy bear is just nuts to me.

yea?
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Gun-Hidden-in-Teddy-Bear-at-DFW-79355102.html

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2012, 07:31:18 PM »
There'd be a lot of people in that air port pissed off for missing their flight.

Sadly, probably pissed off at me instead of the jackasses in the tsa.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2012, 10:03:32 PM »
Hey, at least they are following the rules.  Security threat, possible concealed gun, then when the passenger is flagged, what looks like a hand-off?

I'd be more outraged if their security protocol could be breached by the social engineering of a smiling four year old.  I'll save my outrage for the entire institution of the TSA existing; not on them actually doing their jobs.
I can understand that, but IMO any professional group could do all that in 5 minutes: determine there was no threat and continue on about their business.  All the quotes attempting to justify their heavy handedness just show they are unprofessional and they really don't know what they are doing.  They are just following "procedure" and covering themselves like good little bureaucrats. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2012, 10:42:26 PM »
I worked an airport security checkpoint years ago for Eastern Airlines (that should give a hint how long ago it was.)  The girl was contaminated -- for lack of a better word -- and needed to be screened again.  But there was no reason for heavy-handedness.  A smile and a "I'm gonna have to check you again, Sweetie" and herd her back thru the metal detector or a minimal patdown or use the handheld wand would have done it and not gotten anybody upset.

[switching characters again] Shutting down the whole terminal sounds like a fine idea to me.  (do you really want to give that kind of power to a 4-year-old and her pissed-off parents if they call your bluff?)
"It's good, though..."

erictank

• friends
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 06:23:02 AM »
Eh, it's the Daily Mail. Not the highest regarded name in journalism, but it's a lowly regarded career.

From my personal interactions with the TSA, this case may or may not be accurately portrayed but the incident as described is TSA SOP. TSA acts unprofessional, and covers it up with overblown accusations to make it sound like they are defending natural security.

And the Terrorist Support Agency has a LOOOONG and well-documented history of similar incidents - and far worse, on an individual and organizational level.

Not only is the entire concept of their agency an unconstitutional farce, but then to add insult to injury they can't even be MINIMALLY COMPETENT at doing the job they (falsely) claim is vital to national security? :facepalm:

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 09:21:01 AM »

Uhm, having DONE such security work before, I completely agree with zxcvbob. I suppose the difference is, there was a possibility of me actually dealing with hostiles as opposed to the TSA's knowledge that they are a dozen times more likely to get hit by lightning, several times in a row, than come in contact with a terrorist.

I'm not saying they're wrong to re-do the search. I'm saying they're completely unprofessional morons. I HAVE done this before. It's bloody easy. You have whoever is best with kids give the kid a spare teddy bear or similar stuffed animal, plus a cutesy story to keep them distracted, while the other guy or gal does the security sweep. Then explain to the parents or whatnot why it's a bad idea. Because bad people can use kids as cover, etc etc. Kid freaking out because you want to play jack boot thug is not a good thing. Gets crowds upset, gets folks hysterical, harder to control the situation, and makes more distractions that can cause you to overlook a real security threat.

If you're doing security work, you want to the bulk of the people to perhaps not like you but not actively hate you. Makes the folks more likely to give you heads up if nothing else. You're not nice (or polite and firm) because it's the morally right thing to do, it's to tactically handle the situation in the best possible manner.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 09:46:04 AM »
I like the point rev has made here before - for the price of the TSA and air marshals, we probably could have invented bomb proof airliners and deployed them.

The funniest thing about the TSA is that it gets taken seriously by washington.  Mass mental impairment should be less insidious.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 11:37:51 AM »
I like the point rev has made here before - for the price of the TSA and air marshals, we probably could have invented bomb proof airliners and deployed them.

The funniest thing about the TSA is that it gets taken seriously by washington.  Mass mental impairment should be less insidious.

Planes are pretty much bomb proof from anything that could be carried on a person.

Screening of luggage for explosives makes sense.

As for guns and knives, I think every passenger should have them.  No one is ever going to hijack an airplane again ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

• friends
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2012, 11:49:35 AM »
Planes are pretty much bomb proof from anything that could be carried on a person

not even close

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2012, 11:52:57 AM »
Planes are pretty much bomb proof from anything that could be carried on a person

not even close

Curious topic, I'm interested to know the truth.  Lets see the supporting documentation!  =)