Author Topic: "coleman fuel"????  (Read 11212 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
"coleman fuel"????
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2006, 05:53:55 AM »
Yeah it was our policy in the 80's at our scout camp to use parafin fire starters instead of campfire fire water to get the fire started.

We didn't cook with stoves because it was just easier to cook over the fire. When we backpacked in, my favorite way to cook was with a nesbit tablet. So much lighter than a coleman stove and I was too poor to afford a climbing stove.

Speaking of coleman gas, I alwasy buy my camping season's fuel in the fall before winter, just so I have fuel and a stove just incase the power goes out because I have an electric stove. I camp enough during the warm months that I will use a can of fuel for my lantern and stove each season.

Charby
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

"coleman fuel"????
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2006, 09:44:13 AM »
All I know is it is a pretty good idea to make sure where that partial can of Coleman Fuel "got lost" out burning brush fires in the brushfire pit.

When it decides to reveal its hiding spot on the backside of the brushfire while roasting hot dogs and marshmellows. later..dogs and mellows end up in the fire with the sticks they were on...and folks that have not run or dove for cover in sometime...they ain't forgot how.

Takes more than a wooden and canvas director chair to slow me down for sure...

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
"coleman fuel"????
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2006, 09:52:39 AM »
Steve you owe me a keyboard!  Reminds me of a time when my dad was burning a small pile construction waste and I decided that a box of shotgun primers would be funny to add to the mix.

C
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

"coleman fuel"????
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2006, 11:08:02 AM »
Yeah adults don't seem to share the same sense of humor as young'uns do sometimes. I get bigger and better understand that myself.

---

Coleman Fuel is a great gun cleaner, cleaner period. More than one person still cleans steel guns with this Coleman Fuel.

They take an empty Coleman Fuel can , or Antifreeze gallon container and cut out the side, put parts, guns whatever and clean, then just unscrew the cap, and pour back thru a cloth or whatever filter and back into a Coleman Fuel can marked to indicate "Cleaning Mixture" or somesuch.

To keep from getting cut by metal or plastic edges - take a pc of Aquarium tubing, windshield washer tubing or similar, slit it, and apply to where cut out.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
"coleman fuel"????
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2006, 03:45:29 PM »
Hey, that's a good idea. I'm gonna make one of those dealies.

I got a combustible funny too... Take a few pinches of Bullseye and put 'em in an ashtray...
Blog under construction