Author Topic: Kobalt tools recall  (Read 807 times)

Cliffh

• friend
Kobalt tools recall
« on: November 10, 2020, 06:43:49 PM »
I received a letter today (dated 9/28/2020) from HongKong Sun Rise Trading LTD.  Seems as if they're the manufacturer of some (all?) electric Kobalt tools, and they've found a problem with the trigger switch on the cordless pole saw I bought.

Looking at their recall list, it's not the only problem they have with their products.  https://www.greenworkstools.com/important-safety-notices

I should have known it was made in China, since most products sold in the US seem to be now-a-days.   [barf]

Declaration Day

• friends
Re: Kobalt tools recall
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 07:11:38 PM »
Yeah, that's why I buy most of my tools from Harbor Freight.  It's probable that most American-branded tools are made in the same factories, so why pay the mark-up?

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 07:24:26 PM »
I am trying to give up on china freight. Some good stuff, but don’t care for the country.

Just have to look around for US tools, still out there.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 07:42:09 PM »
I recently bought a set of stainless steel tweezers at Harbor Fright that were made in India. Pretty decent set of tweezers.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 08:19:07 PM »
I've got a set of HF wrenches I bought back in the early 80's, made in India.  Used them to wrench on quite a few race & street cars - they've never let me down.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2020, 01:25:11 PM »
I have no problem buying Kobalt hand tools, but I've passed on their powered stuff.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2020, 02:15:23 PM »
I have no problem buying Kobalt hand tools, but I've passed on their powered stuff.

My Kobalt hand tools have been fine. The only thing Kobalt that has failed me is a welding helmet. Of course it was the most expensive Kobalt item I owned.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2020, 10:00:18 AM »
How does a welding helmet fail?

Auto darkening glass not auto darken? Straps?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2020, 10:36:30 AM »
How does a welding helmet fail?

Auto-darkening circuitry crapped out.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2020, 10:43:13 AM »
The day after the warranty ran out?  :rofl:

And besides... REAL men just squint!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2020, 10:45:05 AM »
The day after the warranty ran out?  :rofl:

And besides... REAL men just squint!

Actually not much after the expiration date.  :mad:

Believe me, I was squinting like crazy when I first discovered it was busted.  :laugh:

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2020, 07:38:25 PM »
And I just received another letter from HKSRT.  This one is for the chainsaw - same problem, it might not shut off when the trigger is released.