Author Topic: Meanwhile in Brazil  (Read 449 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Meanwhile in Brazil
« on: February 23, 2023, 01:00:36 PM »
You may or may not want to see the video despite them blurring out parts.

Horrifying video shows gunmen kill 7 after being laughed at for losing at pool | New York Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKwvcb9fai0

Seven killed in Brazilian pool hall massacre after losers mocked: video
https://www.foxnews.com/world/seven-killed-brazilian-pool-hall-massacre-losers-mocked-video
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Meanwhile in Brazil
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2023, 01:10:52 PM »
After watching the YouTube video, words fail me.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2023, 01:22:44 PM »
Animals.

From my armchair, this is a classic "good guy with a gun" scenario were such present. These guys obviously had no training, and as slow as they were, it seems there would have been a good probability of a trained person stopping them. Certainly nothing guaranteed, but better chances than being shot like you were a cow in the slaughterhouse.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2023, 10:44:42 AM »
Update

I was wondering about the girl that took off running but couldn't see what happened to her after she ran around the corner. Turns out she was only 12 and they got her too.  :mad:

Anyway

Police have killed a gunman who slaughtered seven in a fit of rage after losing two games of pool in Brazil.

Ezequias Souza Ribeiro, 27, went on the run Tuesday after executing a group of people who laughed at him when he lost around 4,000 reais (£640) playing at a bar in Sinop.

He died in confrontation with police yesterday after he was found in a wooded area about nine miles (15km) from the city of Cuiabá.

Military Police say he was shot and taken to a regional hospital but later succumbed to his injuries.

His accomplice, 30-year-old Edgar Ricardo de Oliveira, also ran from police but surrendered himself on Thursday morning and confessed to the crimes.

Police kill Brazilian pool hall murderer who slaughtered seven people including a girl, 12, who laughed at him for losing twice in a row
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11785367/Police-kill-pool-hall-murderer-slaughtered-seven-including-child-laughed-losing.html?ico=related-replace
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2023, 10:53:02 AM »
Update

I guess some stories do still have (relatively) happy endings. I'm kinda hoping that the cops took their time getting him medical aid. That video was pure brutality.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2023, 10:57:16 AM »
I guess some stories do still have (relatively) happy endings. I'm kinda hoping that the cops took their time getting him medical aid. That video was pure brutality.

Wonder how they would have treated him in a Brazilian prison after they found out he shot a fleeing 12yr old girl in the back.
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2023, 11:28:13 PM »
Wonder how they would have treated him in a Brazilian prison after they found out he shot a fleeing 12yr old girl in the back.

If he makes it that far.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2023, 01:04:58 AM »
Both vids gone.  Thanks for protecting my delicate sensibilities, Wachovahme.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.