Author Topic: Democrats Contacting Iran Directly?  (Read 1540 times)

HankB

• friend
Democrats Contacting Iran Directly?
« on: January 08, 2020, 09:56:12 AM »
I don't know if this is true or not, but I read Democrats are contacting Iran directly.

They're rumored to be trying to license Iran's trademarked "Death to America" chant so they can use it as a campaign slogan.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Democrats Contacting Iran Directly?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 10:21:23 AM »

Sure it's not the other way around?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 10:31:42 AM »
Disney probably already owns the rights anyway.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 12:43:15 PM »
John Kerry has been involved in shadow diplomacy with Iran since Trump dumped the Iran Deal.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 07:26:47 PM »
John Kerry has been involved in shadow diplomacy with Iran since Trump dumped the Iran Deal.

Any why he isn't in jail for violating the Logan Act just flat mystifies me.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2020, 10:53:41 PM »
Democrat.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 10:00:26 AM »
 :facepalm:

Chris Murphy and other Democratic Senators held a secret meeting with Iranian Foreign Minister Zarif last week, a high-level source reports. FWIW, his office is not responding to repeated requests for comment. https://t.co/hvLZ1gJbDC

— Mollie (@MZHemingway) February 17, 2020

Such a meeting would mean Murphy had done the type of secret coordination with foreign leaders to potentially undermine the U.S. government that he accused Trump officials of doing as they prepared for Trump’s administration. In February 2017, Murphy demanded investigations of National Security Advisor Mike Flynn because he had a phone call with his counterpart-to-be in Russia.

“Any effort to undermine our nation’s foreign policy – even during a transition period – may be illegal and must be taken seriously,” Murphy said in 2017 after anonymous leaks of Flynn’s phone call with Russian ambassador Sergey Kisylak were published. He also strongly criticized the open letter some Republican senators sent Iranian leaders during the Obama administration.
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/02/17/shady-af-sen-chris-murphy-held-a-secret-meeting-with-iranian-foreign-minister-zarif-last-week-and-hes-not-talking-about-it/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2020, 11:54:46 AM »

Agreed. Ve haf laws about zat!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2020, 05:57:48 PM »
That's why it's called "secret."

Can Democrats do "secret"?  They leak everything.  

That is one reason why I was certain Mueller had nothing.  If he did, it would have been leaked.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 08:47:20 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2020, 12:29:53 AM »
The Valerie Jarrett trip to Iran never got any negative attention. Worse than Giuliani in Ukraine by far.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.