Author Topic: ahhhh how i miss md and montgomery county  (Read 632 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: ahhhh how i miss md and montgomery county
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 12:35:55 PM »
Again?

Don't those folks learn from past experiences?

Oops, sorry.  My mistake.  Forgot - they are "from the gooberment and here to make sure you follow the rules". :police:

Seems like every summer we get at least one more story about them cracking down on little kids trying thrir first experiment is capitalism.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

• friends
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 12:43:46 PM »
wrong kids to try that on
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 02:00:39 PM »
Montgomery officials were chastened but unapologetic.

“It wasn’t that we were the big hand of county government trying to come down and squash anything. It was, we’re trying to find a solution to a problem,” said Jennifer Hughes, acting director for Montgomery’s Department of Permitting Services.

And that problem is ...?

Bloody morons. Having a lemonade stand is a right of passage for American kids. If the State of Maryland and this county have fiscal issues, I can think of a couple of places to start down-sizing right quick.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

• friends
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 02:40:26 PM »
we had a health dept nimrod here shutting down church bake sales  the pies have to be refrigerated don't you know.

my favorite was a young nimrod in alexandria wrote me up for "improper handling of food product"  i asked him "what is the product? " he said  "i don't know"

"if you don't know how can you tell if i'm handling it right?  is your boss still rick?  lets call him"