Author Topic: Ah crap...Fort Hood again  (Read 3968 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Ah crap...Fort Hood again
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2014, 07:49:08 AM »
He had behavioral health and mental health issues.  I always thought those were just two terms for the same thing.

Army reports he served 4 months in Iraq and is/was self-reported for TBI and PTSD but no documrntation of any injury sustained over there.  He was supposedly being seen for either his behavioral health or mental health problem(s) as well as Rx'd antidepressants.

I say since we can't sue the Army, let's sue Big Pharma for causing him to snap.

Did anybody else catch the PIO saying his handgun needed to have been registered on base, even if he kept it at home off-base?  For some reason I thought that the .mil was just recently told they could not require that any more.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/04/03/details-about-fort-hood-gunman/20862062/?icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl11%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D460689

Details about Fort Hood gunman

Apr 3rd 2014 5:47AM

FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) - Officials at Fort Hood have released few details about the gunman who killed three people before taking his own life in a shooting Wednesday at the sprawling Army base. Here's what we know about the gunman.

- His name is Ivan Lopez. .... he was not in the process of leaving the Army.

- Lopez served for four months in Iraq in 2011. He was not wounded in action while serving overseas, but self-reported a traumatic brain injury upon his return to the U.S. "He was not a wounded warrior," said Lt. Gen. Mark Milley, the senior officer at Fort Hood. "He was not wounded in action, to our records, no Purple Heart, not wounded in action in that regard."

- Lopez had several mental health issues. He was taking medication and receiving psychiatric help for depression and anxiety, and was undergoing a process to determine whether he had post-traumatic stress disorder. "We do not know a motive," Milley said. "We do know that this soldier had behavioral health and mental health issues, and was being treated for that."

- Lopez had one weapon, a .45 caliber Smith and Wesson handgun, that was not registered with post authorities as required. Authorities don't yet know how much ammunition he was carrying.

- Lopez died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. He killed himself in a parking lot at the base transportation brigade's administration building, after he was confronted by a military policewoman. ....

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2014, 01:26:36 PM »
I love this bit from the NY Post...

Authorities on Thursday were still investigating why an Iraq War veteran shot and killed three people and wounded 16 others at Texas’ Fort Hood before committing suicide — and have not ruled out terrorism.
“We’re going to keep an open mind. … Possible extremist involvement is still being looked at very, very carefully,” Army Secretary John McHugh told the Senate Armed Services Committee on Thursday.

So, Nidal Hassan, a Muslim with a Muslim/Middle Eastern last name, who was knowingly linked to an extremist Imam/Cleric and mosque, and had been griping about American involvement overseas in the Middle East and AWOT... they bend over backwards to make the ludicrous claim it was "Just workplace violence".
I promise not to duck.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2014, 01:30:52 PM »
You can't be too careful about those white hispanics.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.