Author Topic: Good Moroccan Food?  (Read 588 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Good Moroccan Food?
« on: January 28, 2007, 08:51:04 AM »
A young lady wants me to go to a Moroccan restaurant. I haven't been to one in like twenty years, and can't remember what I had that one time or if I even liked it. Any recommendations on stuff that's good?

And yes I'm left-handed and I'm gonna eat with my damn left hand.  grin
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
Re: Good Moroccan Food?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 09:28:12 AM »
Couscous.
Usually you get some stewed vegetables and meat served over couscous.  Meat can be chicken or lamb or beef.  I often make this myself.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 06:27:14 PM »
The vegetable stews are extremely tasty. They usually have a spice that adds a new dimension, like cinnamon, and are often served with couscous, yes. Couscous is a miniscule pasta common in Moroccan and Israeli cusine.

Moroccan food is pretty good for you. Lots of veggies, low in fat, but the soups are really savory.

And it's a regular silverware sort of thing...Ethiopian food is the one you eat with your hands, rolling up the spicy stews and such with bread. Smiley

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 06:47:20 PM »
I can handle a stew / couscous thing I think, especially if there's dead animal in it.  Smiley
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 06:58:26 PM »
There usually is, yes...often lamb stewed for so many hours that it just melts in your mouth...good stuff. :9

Don't worry, it's not like vegan or anything. Smiley