Author Topic: Think your DMV records are safe?  (Read 3748 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Think your DMV records are safe?
« on: October 15, 2010, 03:47:39 PM »

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/10/15/BALT1FT8B6.DTL&tsp=1

Synopsis: police officer arrested for allegedly supplying DMV info to the Hell's Angels.

If the .gov wasn't collecting this info in the first place, it wouldn't be an issue.

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Think your DMV records are safe?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 07:58:38 PM »
But the .gov needs to collect some info about you in order to create your DL and store that info in case someone wants to check and see if your DL matches what and who they are loking at.

What we seem to have is a cop that went over to the dark side, or was already there but managed to stay unnoticed for 5 years.

Now, was the crooked cop giving home addresses/phone numbers of pretty girls that some HA saw & wants to court, or did he let loose info about somebody the HA are looking to beat up/eliminate?  In other words, just how unethical was the cop?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 08:03:07 PM »
i'm equally concerned about his chiefs attitude
"made some bad decisions that rose to criminality" ??!!  how about we publish the chiefs address pics of his house  kids  their school  give him the real flavor of the offense
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 11:22:23 PM »
Now, was the crooked cop giving home addresses/phone numbers of pretty girls that some HA saw & wants to court, or did he let loose info about somebody the HA are looking to beat up/eliminate?  In other words, just how unethical was the cop?

Doesn't matter. Either way is extremely repulsive and a violation of privacy. Put him up against a wall and shoot him

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

• friends
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 11:24:31 PM »
don't sugar coat it.  in this case giving info to angels i'm inclined to agree  a guy wants to meet a pretty girl?  how about flogging?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 11:30:59 PM »
don't sugar coat it.  in this case giving info to angels i'm inclined to agree  a guy wants to meet a pretty girl?  how about flogging?

Shooting.

I have two little sisters. If somebody stalked them through DMV records given by corrupt popo, or popo stalked them by accessing the DMV records...it's still a breach of trust. Police officers are supposed to be held to a standard, and straying from that path should have severe consequences.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 11:38:07 PM »
Tell me again where it is written in the COTUS or the state versions that the citizenry will require papers to move about on citizen-financed roads.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

• friends
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 11:38:18 PM »
aw come on stalking is stalking  how you do it is just methodology.  i remember riding my skateboard up and down a hill in front of what i thought was cheryl morgans house for 2 days when i was in 7th grade after i looked them up in the phone book.  wrong house they had moved i was crushed

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 11:48:01 PM »
Ah, but what if he'd passed info on, let's say, a judge who had convicted/sentenced/whatever a Hell's Angels member?

Or a Mexican drug cartel member?

Or an MS-13 member?

Hmmm?  What then?

There's the ultimate implication of "some incredibly bad decisions that amount to criminal conduct."

And the Chief says, "I believe this is an isolated incident limited to one employee."

Oh, really?

Can anyone say for sure that various nefarious organizations have not infiltrated the record-keeping departments of any governmental agency?

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 11:57:15 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

• friends
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 12:04:25 AM »
i can say for sure    they have

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2010, 12:12:44 AM »
Heck, in some states, DMV records are open to anyone.

Texas, for instance.

Woman hit me backing out of a parking lot, and dissapeared, not answering my phone calls or my insurance agents.
I looked up her plate number, found her address and paid her a visit, asking her when she was going to call her or my agent back, and letting her know if she didn't do it soon, she could also deal with my lawyer.

יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2010, 12:33:22 AM »
The officer will be slapped, put on paid leave, and then promoted.   [popcorn]
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

• friends
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2010, 12:38:42 AM »
lol  is his union that good?  i hate  high bond it means you reallt stepped in it  a quarter mill is steep.  the angels have long green they are a multinational corp. i suspect this won't be a slap  i'd be concerned for his health

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2010, 05:43:58 PM »
I could not care less about his health. Being stupid should hurt.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

• friends
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2010, 06:02:50 PM »
then best way to punish him is let him go  the angels will be positive he snitched to get out. he'll be running hard the rest of his short life

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2010, 09:59:39 PM »
Had a county constable here'bouts selling NICS results to whomever.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2010, 12:11:19 AM »
then best way to punish him is let him go  the angels will be positive he snitched to get out. he'll be running hard the rest of his short life

Don't want to take a chance on them dropping the ball.

Had a county constable here'bouts selling NICS results to whomever.

Solution: Rope, lumber. Some assembly required.

• friends
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2010, 07:10:39 AM »
the angels are efficient  and unencumbered by a lot of finicky constitutional stuff

i know who i fear more