Author Topic: think i made an enemy tonite  (Read 8897 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: think i made an enemy tonite
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2011, 03:17:23 AM »

she was pretty close to a 72 hour hold tonite

Might have been the kind and neighborly thing to do for/to her.

There are all sorts of indicators that she has trouble coping with anything outside of her own comfort bubble, and that the way she tries to climb back inside that bubble is by having a major meltdown.  Young children are "allowed" to throw tantrums when they can no longer cope, but they usually exhaust themselves and get over the tantrum.  Most blissful sleep I ever saw was a youngster who had just wound down out of a tantrum.  Actually heard her sigh from about 50 feet away, and watched her face melt from hyper-tense to total relaxation.  Sounds like the neighbor was not able to get all that tension out of her system.

If anything you probably have managed to avoid the harridan in the future, as she seems to know (not understand in either the intellectual or emotional sense, but is frustratingly aware) that the cops, other neighbors, and life in general will never be on her side as regards your goat, the dogs, and you in particular.  That being the case, I fail to see a down side to your situation.

But please remember to bring your cell phone camera from now on.  She will make classic YouTube fodder.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2011, 03:38:53 AM »

But please remember to bring your cell phone camera from now on.  She will make classic YouTube fodder.

stay safe.

No joke.  She might be as good as the chem trails lady.  [popcorn]
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2011, 04:09:04 AM »
yuppies and city folk move out to live in the 'pretty peaceful country' and have a fit over country folk doing country things.

Dad owns the 2 acres next to my place. He remarried and pretty much lives in Iowa with the wicked step mother(WSM) and only visit a few weeks out of the year. She is a little country-phobic and a bit of a control freak.
The neighbor that dad bought the property from pulled an old Dodge van in not to far from the property line and uses it for storage. I'll go along that it kind of looks like crap but it's on his place and thats' the way it is.
Last summer the WSM "strongly suggested" to the neighbor that he should get rid of the old van. Of course the fact that the neighbor keeps their 2 acre place mowed for free never crossed her mind.
Her attitude was a major factor in decideing where I placed my bacon factory (hog pen), it's about 40 yards up wind of their back door.
When they were in town for Thanksgiving I thought she was gonna pop a vein when she saw it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2011, 07:12:32 AM »
My Mother is like that woman.

She was originally from California. Moved to Texas.

Now, i'm from Cali as well, but I moved to Texas because the people and culture there fit me more. She moved there for cheap land, and because her husband got a job out there.

Anyways, she is the typical California transplant trying to impose her california ideas and values on everyone else. Her latest crusade is about people killing deer on their own property. There's an overpopulation problem, and some of the residents have taken to shooting them with bows. No noise, and the lots are around 5-8 acres apiece, so there's really no danger.

SHE IS UP IN ARMS about it. Petitioning the HOA, calling politicians, acting like a fool. We got into a huge argument over it, that ended with me saying, "Mom, these are freedom loving people taking care of a nuisance on private property. You have no right to complain about it."

Later, she made a comment about how she needed wasp spray because a nest was somewhere on her property. I said "Oh, heavens no! You can't do that! They're creatures, and that spray is dangerous!!!"

She hung up on me.

C&SD: We need to hang out when i move down that way. I like your stories. I'll shoot you a PM when we get settled in, for the housewarming party.

By party, of course, I mean grilling meat over flame and drinking shiner.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2011, 07:26:30 AM »
cool  holler if you need labor,  i'll bring some with me >:D
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2011, 07:32:17 AM »
Oh, heavens no! You can't do that! They're creatures, and that spray is dangerous!!!"
You're my new hero...

:laugh:
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2011, 08:08:37 AM »
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2011, 08:11:37 AM »
CSD:

That was priceless.  "You're not in New Jersey anymore" ya nitwit. 
Q: What's the difference between the garbage and a girl from Jersey?
A: You don't mind being seen taking out the garbage.

Animals: They're inhuman!

(And unsanitary!)

Last time at disney in Orlando....I kept complaining about the new yorkers and new jerseys.  Wife finally poked me in the ribs and said if I say new york one more time she's sending me to the car......
 :laugh:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

280plus

• friend
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2011, 08:22:38 AM »
See a lot of socks with sandals did you?  :laugh:

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2011, 08:27:15 AM »

As far as billy goats...
My wife cared for a gal who owned goats.  The billy tore her up & down to the point they brought her to a Level 1 trauma center for surgery to save her life, and she'll take 12+ months to recover.

Huh.  Several months ago, a mountain goat here in Olympia National Park killed a hiker.  The hiker was gored and sustained a laceration to the right femoral artery.  He bled out on the trail since the goat would not allow anyone to approach.  Obviously different inasmuch as this was a wild goat.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2011, 08:49:12 AM »
I thought Fistful had agreed to stop goring hikers?  =|

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2011, 09:08:10 AM »

And white track suits, NY Jets hats, and gold chains.  And you can hear the English language being mangled from yards away.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2011, 10:34:42 AM »
Oh, why no video? Funniest thing I've read in a while. Last time I went hunting you were young and hot.  =D
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2011, 11:34:24 AM »
Maybe he doesn't WANT to be found... [tinfoil]
Bah. Anyone with a fun toy like that NEEDS to share it.  =D
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2011, 11:43:21 AM »
Our current meltdown was caused by the rednecks and a dumb cop  :mad:

Not nearly as much fun when the drama is started by dumb rednecks that most likely shoot their own pool.

Although, this weekened it seemed like a lot more ammo got wasted then normal. I'm pretty sure everybody but us was shooting.
Most likely to see if the cop would come back and who could be more of a smart butt about this area being zoned Rural/Agreculture and NOT residential.

I love it when it sounds like WWIII out here.  [ar15]

Oh, and there is a dude with a machine gun, next to lou, but lou's a weenie and won't go make friends with him.  :'(
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2011, 11:44:14 AM »
Oh, why no video? Funniest thing I've read in a while. Last time I went hunting you were young and hot.  =D

in retrospect that was unkind but i was tired of her by then . the cop had to stifle laughing and his partner didn't hear it so he went over to tell him what i said.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

P5 Guy

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2011, 12:38:43 PM »

No they are from Canada or the upper mid west.  =)

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2011, 12:48:25 PM »
I've been trying, but I can't find the guy with the machine gun near me. He doesn't shoot it often enough.

Hmm... Aren't NFA registrations technically public tax records?  :angel:
I promise not to duck.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2011, 12:54:15 PM »

Yet another reason to avoid buying nfa...

Gun junkies dhowing up and wanting to waste ammo.
  :P

"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2011, 01:27:37 PM »
i hadn't hunted in so long she was probably still young and hot the last time i went.
That is funny, I don't care who you are.

Several weeks ago, I walked out on to the back deck, and there was a goat standing in the yard.

Friendly, but the wife let the Golden Retriever outside!

The goat beat the dog around the house - twice.

Call the neighbor down the road, and they came down and picked the goat up.

I can always tell when the neighbor has his AR's out for some fun!

Some folks are not cut out for country living.....
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2011, 01:29:30 PM »
Heh... One of the guys here at The Compound bought some unincorporated land.

He's put up a good-sized quonset hut.

I'm thinking of doing something similar for my next dwelling. Big structure, comfy little apartment, plenty of room for tooling and a photo studio.
Blog under construction

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2011, 01:30:39 PM »
Might work, unless a trust owns it.

I'll have to look into that to see if my name shows up for my SBR.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2011, 01:48:39 PM »
here is a welcome to the neighboorhood card

"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2011, 02:50:37 PM »
I really wish idiots like that stayed there but the bastages keep following me.

Yes. If you move to the country there will be gun fire, dead animals being grilled over a flame, livestock, and the smell of cow *expletive deleted*it in the air. Get over it or do us all a favor and stay the hell away.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2011, 05:13:48 PM »
Initially, I wondered why your young child was leading a Pontiac GTO on a rope. :facepalm: :P =D
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw