Author Topic: Good customer service  (Read 1434 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Good customer service
« on: December 22, 2014, 08:25:40 PM »
Since a lot of you folks do Carhartt, I thought you might like to know.

http://dungarees.net/

These guys have a store just across the river from me. Last month, after searching threads on APS, I decided my next pair of jeans would be Carhartts. I got a pair from Dungarees, in St. Charles, and only wore them on casual Friday. I didn't exactly abuse them. Nonetheless, holes appeared, just above the stitching for the back pockets. Since then, I've only worn them outside of work, since my untucked shirt-tail covers the holes. And then a big rip appeared in the crotch.  ??? I had no receipt for them, but I thought I'd try to exchange them, anyway. The guys at Dungarees apologized for the inconvenience, and were glad to give me a new pair. They hadn't any in my size, so they offered to call me when they had some, or give me a gift card.

They also said they had some issues with the jeans with brown pocket linings, which might explain why they took them back so readily. Either way, they're a pleasure to do business with. They also have discount items that are marked with the wrong size, etc. I don't know if you can get those online.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Good customer service
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 08:32:18 PM »
Need to order some insulated coveralls and overalls. Might get them from them...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 12:18:43 AM »
Since a lot of you folks do Carhartt, I thought you might like to know.

http://dungarees.net/

These guys have a store just across the river from me. Last month, after searching threads on APS, I decided my next pair of jeans would be Carhartts. I got a pair from Dungarees, in St. Charles, and only wore them on casual Friday. I didn't exactly abuse them. Nonetheless, holes appeared, just above the stitching for the back pockets. Since then, I've only worn them outside of work, since my untucked shirt-tail covers the holes. And then a big rip appeared in the crotch.  ??? I had no receipt for them, but I thought I'd try to exchange them, anyway. The guys at Dungarees apologized for the inconvenience, and were glad to give me a new pair. They hadn't any in my size, so they offered to call me when they had some, or give me a gift card.

They also said they had some issues with the jeans with brown pocket linings, which might explain why they took them back so readily. Either way, they're a pleasure to do business with. They also have discount items that are marked with the wrong size, etc. I don't know if you can get those online.

Thanks Fisty! Just ordered a rather large jacket (my size is "Rather Large") from them!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 01:05:54 AM »
Cooool. Or warm, I guess, since it's a jacket and all.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 10:25:37 PM »
The new pair of jeans lasted six months before the holes started, above the pack pocket stitching. And again, these are casual Friday jeans. I ain't breakin' broncs in these things. I'm not stuffing tools in the back pockets.

I've got two pairs of Dickies carpenter jeans that cost half as much, and they're wearing better than the Carhartts. God bless K-Mart.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 10:46:57 PM »
I get my jeans from LL Bean.  Double L, Classic Fit.  They are terrific, look and fit good, wear like iron, have a deep watch pocket for my Ruger LCP, and they are inexpensive, compared to other jeans.  $39.95.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 10:49:09 PM »
http://www.duluthtrading.com

Toughest work pants I've found. And I wear my pants pretty hard. Yeah you pay for them, but they work, and last.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 10:50:20 PM »
Unfortunately the Carhartt pants are not standing up.

Personally I've been buying Wranglers and they have held up very well for me- I have several nearly decade old pairs.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 11:13:21 PM »
I wore Wranglers for about thirty years. My last few pairs didn't last long.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 11:51:18 PM »
http://www.duluthtrading.com

Toughest work pants I've found. And I wear my pants pretty hard. Yeah you pay for them, but they work, and last.

Plus one on those. Firehouse jeans are the best.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.