Author Topic: What a bunch of a-holes  (Read 3994 times)

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
What a bunch of a-holes
« on: October 08, 2008, 02:25:44 AM »
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20081008/D93M0K6G3.html
AIG execs' retreat after bailout angers lawmakers
WASHINGTON (AP) - Less than a week after the federal government had to bail out American International Group Inc. (AIG), the company sent executives on a $440,000 retreat to a posh California resort, lawmakers investigating the company's meltdown said Tuesday.

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
Re: What a bunch of a-holes
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 05:19:46 AM »
I was going to edit your thread title for dodging the swear filter, but, unfortuantely, it is appropriate, and true.

Carry on.
One day at a time.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 05:24:28 AM »
Oh, sorry, I wasn't trying to dodge it, didn't cross my mind.

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 05:53:17 AM »
I know...it was my half ***ed way of agreeing with you!
One day at a time.

qdemn7

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 07:31:06 AM »
These people simply do not get it.  :mad:

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 07:37:54 AM »
wait till they spin it   expect to hear that it was prepaid  before it got bad. i had a heck of a discussion on the vre vis a vis the construction of a third golf course on andrews while there were over 200 kids on the childcare waiting list on base. it was all about "appropriated funds"
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 03:08:22 PM »
the execs should have to repay every dime, personally, not from company funds
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Don't care

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 05:22:52 PM »
And AIG is about to get another $36B from the Feds?

I know that $440,000 is just a drop in the bucket compared to the money involved, but damnit, why do I and my neighbors have to pay good tax money for some corporate fatcat's retreat to a day spa.

If my friends and I took that money to go to a strip joint, errrrr gentleman's club, we would have ended up behind bars.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 05:24:18 PM »
Wow - for a second there I thought you were talking about us apsers  :O
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 06:14:47 PM »
Wow - for a second there I thought you were talking about us apsers  :O
Nah, I like you people.  Except fistful.  And Irwin.  He scares me.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 10:34:17 PM »

Every single exec on the trip should be canned.   If not for moral turpitude alone, then for lacking the common sense that nature gave a friggin stump.  The US govt, and by extension the US taxpayers, now own an overwhelming majority of their corporation.  Can someone explain to me in very small words why it would not be possible to do so?

$440k isn't a lot compared to $85 billion.  Or $700 billion.  Or whatever the number will be next week.  But it sends a very clear message.  They gambled irresponsibly, they lost, and finally they conned every American into paying for their mistakes.  For all of this, nothing will happen to them.  Their assets aren't being stripped.  They're not going to jail.  Apparently, a large number of those directly responsible won't even be fired.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 10:38:16 PM »
Nah, I like you people.  Except fistful.  And Irwin.  He scares me.

Smart man.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

DJJ

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 10:49:51 PM »
"Don't get it"? "No common sense"?

I'd say they get it perfectly. If you know what I mean.

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 12:15:53 AM »
wait till they spin it   expect to hear that it was prepaid  before it got bad. i had a heck of a discussion on the vre vis a vis the construction of a third golf course on andrews while there were over 200 kids on the childcare waiting list on base. it was all about "appropriated funds"

Great minds think alike. "It was already paid for and scheduled." is exactly what I'm expecting to hear from one of AIG's mouthpieces. If those execs had a shred of decency they would have foregone the trip and let slide any money already fronted for it.
It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2008, 12:07:09 PM »
I wrote to my Representative and both Senators to ask them not to vote for any bailout unless it provided for restitution from guys like these, and jail time.

They all voted for it anyway. The executives are bad ... our elected "representatives" in Washington, though, are the ones who REALLY need to do some jail time.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

thebaldguy

• friends
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2008, 09:42:18 PM »
Nothing will ever happen to them. Nothing. They lobbyied their way to freedom. Now that the Government will possibly take over the banks, nothing will happen to them either.

We should get used to bailing out these folks. More bailouts will come in time.

2swap

• friend
  • : 4 5 ;
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2008, 09:57:02 PM »
I have to agree with the original posting...  :O *looks at Microbalrog* Selme Kovomin! *grins about the inside joke*
: spin
  92 47 124 45 45 58 emit dup emit emit
  begin 8 emit dup emit swap 2swap key? until ;

wideym

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2008, 11:45:30 PM »
Come on guys, those AIG execs have had a pretty rough couple of weeks wondering if the .gov was going to approve the full amount of the bail out or not.  Don't they deserve a free weekend getaway from the stress of wondering if they will be able to afford that third vacation home? :laugh: