Author Topic: Holster for Rossi .357 mag  (Read 3987 times)

zahc

• friend
Holster for Rossi .357 mag
« on: December 05, 2010, 01:17:43 AM »
I just bought a Rossi DA/SA 6-shot 357 mag with 3-inch barrel.

http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=content&target=products/specials/holiday/hunting&start=70&selectedSKU=0358-03613-4952

After shooting it, I like it a lot. It, like most compact revolvers, actually carries pretty well with no holster at all, because the belt can run right between the rubber grip and the cylinder, locking the gun in place. But it's slow to draw that way and probably not the safest thing in the world. Care to recommend a cheap, clip-on, IWB holster? What S&W frame size is this gun closest to?
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
Re: Holster for Rossi .357 mag
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 01:21:50 AM »
A K-frame holster would probably fit it. I've had no success with IWBs due to my sex-symbol body shape. But if you have a belt of normal thickness (as opposed to a double-layer Beltman with stiffener) then the Bianchi IWB would probably work okay.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 01:30:51 AM »
I have a 1.5 inch Wilderness Frequent Flyer belt.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 01:21:15 AM »
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."