Author Topic: New Bike Pics!  (Read 3998 times)

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
New Bike Pics!
« on: May 11, 2012, 04:53:32 AM »
 mine on the right.

And, my baby by herself:

Put a little over 100 miles on her today. Love it so far. Found out the side cases HAVE to click, or they aren't latched. LOLOL

Anyways, I dig it. First impressions. It's just EASIER to ride than a sportbike. More comfortable, more leverage because of the bars, easier seating position. Surprisingly nimble and tons of torque.

Mine has an aux power port on the right side of the instrument cluster, the Suzuki factory gel seat, Givi crash bars, and -1/+2 sprockets. After I return from detroit it'll be getting racetech springs front and rear, along with a fork brace.

I love this bike. So much win
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Re: New Bike Pics!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 07:54:58 AM »
Cool, are you on Stromtrooper yet? That engine is great, same basic engine that's in my SV. Now get some Motosliders for it.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 08:03:36 AM »
i hate the way sliders look, and dislike the fact that they often snap engine mounts.

I have crash bars on it. I should be ok.

I am on stromtrooper, however :-D
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 08:06:02 AM »
Nice looking ride ... Have you had your wife on it yet ?

"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 08:07:16 AM »
Nice looking ride ... Have you had your wife on it yet ?

Yep, we went out and did a half hour out/half hour back for dinner to celebrate the new ride. She LOVES it. Says it's night and day compared to our past bikes, and already wants to plan a camping trip on it :-D
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 08:12:28 AM »
That is the 1,000cc?

What does the sprocket change do? Better acceleration?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 08:14:21 AM »
Yep, this is the 1000.

The sprocket change changes the final drive ratio. End result is, slightly worse mileage in 6th gear at highway speeds (because higher RPMS), but much more usable 1st and second gears, more torque/accelleration

It's a good mod, especially on this bike.
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 08:45:58 AM »
i hate the way sliders look, and dislike the fact that they often snap engine mounts.

Motosliders will not snap the mounts like the cheap ebay or even OEM Suzuki sliders can. They are mounted on a hardened alloy bolt that goes completely through the engine and serves as the upper engine mount, and are made of HDPE over an aluminum core, not Delrin which is brittle. I've seen the results of both Motosliders and Givi crash bars. Motosliders will protect your bike, Givi crash bars will look cool, but fold easy. If you really have to have crash bars, the SW Motec are significantly stronger than Givi.

Also, Dano's TRE will smooth out the low rpm vibes along with increasing low end torque. Avoid the resistor only TRE, there are a number of reports of hard starting when the neutral map is changed.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 11:31:16 AM »
Nice looking bike. Lots more ground clearance and lean than a cruiser, and almost as much cargo space as a touring bike. That's a good combination.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 11:33:47 AM »
Nice looking bike. Lots more ground clearance and lean than a cruiser, and almost as much cargo space as a touring bike. That's a good combination.

Early impressions indicate that it very well may be the perfect bike for the type of riding I do. Doesn't EXCEL at any one thing, but does a lot of things really well, etc
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 01:16:24 PM »
Pretty nice looking bike!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 02:04:26 PM »
This is not helping with my mulling over selling the maxi-scooter and exchanging the DR650 for a DL650.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 08:50:56 PM »
This is not helping with my mulling over selling the maxi-scooter and exchanging the DR650 for a DL650.

The 2012 dl650 is a vast improvement over earlier ones. I had a tough time deciding between it and the 1000
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2012, 12:20:20 PM »
Nice rides.  Here is my latest ride.  I had just returned from the liquor store...   
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t174/coppertales/Vodkarun.jpg

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2012, 01:24:44 PM »
Nice rides.  Here is my latest ride.  I had just returned from the liquor store...   
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t174/coppertales/Vodkarun.jpg

So how is it driving one of the Ural hacks? The Ural importer for the country is about 15 miles south of me in Redmond, and I see a fair number of Ural hacks on the road up here.  Are they difficult to ride/steer? In Washington, you have to get a special sidecar endorsement.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 07:24:48 PM »
OK, I saw on Craigslist that one of the local bike dealers has a slightly used (1600 miles) 2012 DL 650 for $ 7500.  I am chatting with them as to what would be the trade in value on the scooter and DR 650.  It looks as if I might be able to get $ 6000 for both.  I would pay the balance with cash.  I need to get down the dealer on Tuesday, look at the bike and see if I fit.

Fitz, I am 5'10" with 32 inch long legs.  How tall are you and how do you fit the bike?

wuluf

• friend
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2012, 08:59:29 PM »

obligatory Harley pic... [ar15]

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2012, 12:22:11 AM »
OK, I saw on Craigslist that one of the local bike dealers has a slightly used (1600 miles) 2012 DL 650 for $ 7500.  I am chatting with them as to what would be the trade in value on the scooter and DR 650.  It looks as if I might be able to get $ 6000 for both.  I would pay the balance with cash.  I need to get down the dealer on Tuesday, look at the bike and see if I fit.

Fitz, I am 5'10" with 32 inch long legs.  How tall are you and how do you fit the bike?

The v strom 650 is a fantastic bike. I'm 6'6" with 36 inch inseam and I fit on one fine.

The "adventure" bikes like the stroms, the BMW gs, the super tenere, etc.... they all are very tall bikes.

Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 07:26:21 PM »
Ok, I am the proud owner of a new 2012 Suzuki DL650A WeeStrom. I went there with the idea that I would be paying $ 2500-3000 out of pocket to walk away with the bike. Otherwise, I would walk away from the deal.

So between my trade-ins, and some negotiation to and fro, I paid $ 2911 out of pocket and out the door in consideration of taxes, license, etc. It came with a Givi V46 top case and the cowling/skid plate. I am happy with the deal in the Seattle area. There are not a lot of the basic orange model available, and dealers up here are not known for big discounts. This is with Ride Motorsports in Woodinville, whom I would recommend.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2012, 07:28:44 PM »
PICS PICS PICS!

Have you registered over at stromtroopers.com yet?
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2012, 07:44:36 PM »
PICS PICS PICS!

Have you registered over at stromtroopers.com yet?

Ayup. I am MillCreek there, too. I just got done washing it, applying my fluorescent tape strips for visibility and applying Armor-all to the plastics.  I actually got it for $ 1000 off MSRP and got good trade-ins on my scooter and dual sport. The sales manager was very impressed with how well I kept up the two bikes, and that helped on the trade in value.

This is a really comfortable and quiet bike, with the windshield and laminar lip.  It sure vibrates a lot less than the thumper. I now need to investigate some racks so I can hang my soft luggage off the back.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2012, 07:57:49 PM »
Ayup. I am MillCreek there, too. I just got done washing it, applying my fluorescent tape strips for visibility and applying Armor-all to the plastics.  I actually got it for $ 1000 off MSRP and got good trade-ins on my scooter and dual sport. The sales manager was very impressed with how well I kept up the two bikes, and that helped on the trade in value.

This is a really comfortable and quiet bike, with the windshield and laminar lip.  It sure vibrates a lot less than the thumper. I now need to investigate some racks so I can hang my soft luggage off the back.

Yeah, i love it when dealers work with you.

MSRP on my Vee is 11k. I came out the door for 11,7 including a ton of accessories and gap insurance (i financed the whole shebang at zero percent.)

I'm super happy with the bike. The upright riding position does wonders for comfort, and the SV/TL based twins are smooth and torquey. Both the 650 and the 1000 are fantastic bikes.

LOVE the orange
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2012, 10:22:43 PM »
Sweet!

If I had the dough I might buy the same.

Can it take dirt bike tires? Hi way pegs?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2012, 10:28:59 PM »
Sweet!

If I had the dough I might buy the same.

Can it take dirt bike tires? Hi way pegs?

Yes and yes.

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2012, 10:45:47 PM »
Yo, Millcreek............sidecars take a bit of getting used to.  I had a sidecar on a Kawasaki 900 back in the 70s.  The wife liked it and she asked me a few months ago if I would be interested in another bike with a sidecar.  I knew this Ural was for sale so I bought it.  The bike is a handfull but you get used to it.  I put 100 lbs of dumbell plates in the sidecar to help with the right turns. The wheel on the sidecar is driven when off road.  There is a transfer case on the rear end to engage it.  Go to the Ural web site and watch the videos to see what this bike can do.  There is only 40 horsepower so around 60 mph is all you are going to get.  I would never take it on the freeway unless I was with a group of bikes....Urals are way up there on the cool factor and are a real babe magnet......chriss3