Author Topic: Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (Rediscovered)  (Read 1978 times)

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (Rediscovered)
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2014, 06:35:36 PM »
that song and dance in the desert routine in V was just embarrassing for everyone.

exactly what I had in mind.

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2014, 07:16:30 PM »
No, only about 250lbs.  If you look you can tell she was a little chubby even then.
Kirstie sure let herself go after starring in A Bunny's Tale.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2014, 07:47:26 PM »
They could've at least put frikkin laser beams on the whales' foreheads.

Brad

Please.  Keep up with modern high tech.  PHASER beams.  PHASER! :rofl:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2014, 08:01:06 PM »

Shee-niou high-tech Alliance crap!

=D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2014, 10:28:53 AM »
Side note - I know a lot of people don't like William Shatner, but I think he's a hoot:

http://twitchy.com/2014/07/21/stephen-amell-starts-groovy-sci-fi-snark-session-with-shatner-pics/

Side note to side note (i.e., tangent). I've been following Twitchy a lot lately. I don't do Twitter, but of course Twitchy is all Twitter. I have the hardest time following anything done in Twitter. Conversations all seem to go in a dozen directions at once, and what looks to me to be non-sequiturs randomly pop up and completely confuse me. I would say that it's an old guy thing, but Shatner seems to get it, and he's way old.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2014, 10:36:17 AM »
Shatner has a great sense of humor and seems to enjoy the campiness that has sprung up around his portrayal of Capt Kirk. 

Chris

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2014, 10:47:30 AM »
Side note - I know a lot of people don't like William Shatner, but I think he's a hoot:

http://twitchy.com/2014/07/21/stephen-amell-starts-groovy-sci-fi-snark-session-with-shatner-pics/

Side note to side note (i.e., tangent). I've been following Twitchy a lot lately. I don't do Twitter, but of course Twitchy is all Twitter. I have the hardest time following anything done in Twitter. Conversations all seem to go in a dozen directions at once, and what looks to me to be non-sequiturs randomly pop up and completely confuse me. I would say that it's an old guy thing, but Shatner seems to get it, and he's way old.

In 1970 I was living in  Westport Connecticut, where there was a summer theater, the "Westport Summer Playhouse," IIRC, (which is questionable).  During summer month on Wednesday afternoon you could  attend a play.  That's right, live actors.   A great many famous actors were seen there at times.  
This was shortly after STAR TREK was canceled.   William Shatner appeared there in a play titled "The Tender Trap" which was a romantic sitcom about a man who accidently becomes romantically involved with two women.
Yes, I was there, in the audience. =D
After the play Shatner, all too aware of his Trek produced fame, was kind enough to come out on stage and do a Q & A.  
One amusing situation happened when a young girl (a little younger than I) asked him how old he was.  After a moment of silence, in which the girl probably figured  out she'd asked a not-so-appropriate question, she piped up, "it's not really me who wants to know, it's my mother."
Shatner chuckled and promptly responded, "let's just say I'm young enough for you and old enough for your mother."
The audience got a nice laugh out of that, but it did show he's quick witted and has a good nature.

Oh yes, and I did get in a couple good questions about how things got done on the STAR TREK set. :lol:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2014, 05:07:45 PM »
You all did too much LDS at Berkley.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2014, 05:14:43 PM »
You all did too much LDS at Berkley.

I like to think that I did just enough Latter Day Saints, and in fact we are going to see 'The Book of Mormon' in about three weeks when it returns to Seattle.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2014, 05:35:34 PM »
I like to think that I did just enough Latter Day Saints, and in fact we are going to see 'The Book of Mormon' in about three weeks when it returns to Seattle.

I would have had respect for them if instead of lampooning the Book of Mormon, they had lampooned the Koran.  Hard to respect guys who poke fun at earnest & wholesome high school grads riding their bikes, seeking to spread the word as they know it.

On a tangent....
The most attractive black woman I ever met in the flesh was a black mormon gal going house to house with a white mormon guy trying to spread their word on foot in a rough neighborhood.  They may have a thing against coffee, but that morning the very finest cafe au lait was to be found in a sun dress. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2014, 05:44:57 PM »

You sir, are full of much Epic Thread Win.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2014, 06:51:03 PM »
He may be funny, but my understanding is that he is a jerk to his fans nowadays

I have a friend who religiously does Dragoncon. While other actors and such interact (some moreso than others) with their fans, Shatner wants NO contact with them. To the point of "you do not speak to Mr Shatner as he signs the photo you just paid for"
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2014, 10:39:54 PM »

I have a friend who religiously does Dragoncon. While other actors and such interact (some moreso than others) with their fans, Shatner wants NO contact with them. To the point of "you do not speak to Mr Shatner as he signs the photo you just paid for"

Buddy of mine got a photo with the actor who played "Q."  He was a decent sort, if more than a little hung over.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2014, 11:38:53 PM »

But can you imagine the super-fans he's put up with the for the past 50 years?   =|
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife