Author Topic: No vengeful sharks were noted at the scene of his demise  (Read 609 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
No vengeful sharks were noted at the scene of his demise
« on: September 11, 2014, 11:09:58 AM »
Richard Kiel, who played lovable giant ‘Jaws’ in ‘James Bond’ films, is dead at 74

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/09/11/richard-kiel-who-played-gentle-giant-jaws-in-james-bond-films-is-dead-at-74/?tid=pm_national_pop

James Bond villains are often long on viciousness and short on charm.

Then there was “Jaws.”

Somehow, the giant man with steel teeth assigned by forgettable bad guys to dispatch Roger Moore often proved more compelling than Moore himself.

Now, Richard Kiel, 7 feet 2 inches — the metal-mouthed assassin with a heart of gold in “The Spy Who Loved Me” and “Moonraker” — is dead at 74. He died on Wednesday in St. Agnes Medical Center in Los Angeles, the Los Angeles Times reported. The cause of death was not given.

Kiel took punches from Moore that had no effect. A construction site fell on him, and he survived. He drove a boat off of a waterfall, and he survived. He ripped the hood off of a car with his bare hands. He stopped a bullet with his metal teeth. He bit through locks and wires. He bit a shark to death.

"Medium density fiberboard!?!?!  I hate medium density fiberboard!   Gaaaahhhargh!"

When I was a kid I loved the Roger Moore Bond movies and Jaws, too.  These days I am more a fan of Connery's bond, but Jaws made a good villain for Moore's Bond.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: No vengeful sharks were noted at the scene of his demise
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 02:46:21 PM »
Sorry to see him go. I've always liked his characters.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 10:11:14 PM »
I agree about Moore and Connery. 

Too bad no producers/ directors know how to make a good bond movie these days.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 10:41:46 PM »
I remember a Johnny Carson routine with "Carnac the Magnificent."

The answer Carnac gave was "Junk Bonds"

The question in the envelope - "What do you call the last three 007 movies."

IIRC, they were the ones with Roger Moore.

Kiel was one of the few bright spots at that time. (Until the creepy bit in Moonraker where "Jaws" got the hots for the very young blond in braids.)

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 07:36:47 PM »
And you can count on me to be waiting for you in the parking lot.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic