Author Topic: Biden picks Kamala Harris for VP.  (Read 9772 times)

grampster

• friend
Re: Biden picks Kamala Harris for VP.
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2020, 05:51:18 PM »
Ummm.  I was getting at the typo.

"Perpetration H"
versus
"Preparation H"

=D

(Or, "Things only a proofreeder or punster could love.")

Terry

Still better than Penetration H.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2020, 06:05:54 PM »
Can he still tell the difference?

Touche

Though I've heard smell is a trigger of memory,  maybe the different shampoo brands are an anchor for him.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2020, 06:12:42 PM »
   Breaking News: Sen. Kamala Harris of California is Joe Biden’s pick for vice president. A pragmatic moderate, she is the first Black woman on a major party ticket. https://t.co/Ttvh5RyxUB pic.twitter.com/NMcIz60ckH

— The New York Times (@nytimes) August 11, 2020
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/08/11/the-new-york-times-describes-vp-pick-kamala-harris-as-a-pragmatic-moderate-ben-shapiro-disagrees/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2020, 06:14:51 PM »
Naw,  Biden likes em young.

Compared to Biden, we are all young

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2020, 06:23:27 PM »
Now they just have to rig the mail in ballots for Harris-Biden to win. Heard they already are well on that route.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2020, 06:36:59 PM »
Heh. If they wanted to name a pragmatic moderate, President Trump would be a much better fit for that title. Then again, he's more of a dramatic moderate...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2020, 07:56:15 PM »
Can he still smell the difference?

Fixed.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2020, 08:01:24 PM »
Now the dems can scream sexism and racism if Biden/Harris loses
- Calvin and Hobbes

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2020, 08:12:43 PM »
It'll be interesting to see how enthusiastic feminists and prostitute-empowerment types are about this pick as she's treated sex-workers worse than Trump ever has.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2020, 08:25:41 PM »
Have they told Joe yet?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2020, 09:05:41 PM »
She treated low income blacks terrible also. I think the RNC should be playing this nonstop but I doubt they will.

I'm no trump fan but uncle joe is a non starter.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2020, 09:30:43 PM »
I didn't know she's half black

Kamala Devi Harris was born on October 20, 1964, in Oakland, California.[1] Her mother, Shyamala Gopalan, was a breast-cancer scientist who had emigrated from India in 1960 to pursue a doctorate in endocrinology at UC Berkeley.[8] Her father, Donald Harris, is a Stanford University emeritus professor of economics, who emigrated from British Jamaica in 1961 for graduate study in economics at UC Berkeley.[9][10]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamala_Harris
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2020, 10:09:08 PM »
    Joe Biden made the pick that maximized his chances of continuing to make the race a straight referendum on Trump while also selecting someone whose resume suggests being ready to step in, if and when Biden decides to step aside. | Analysis by @CillizzaCNN https://t.co/Ek4d6sfGfT

— CNN (@CNN) August 11, 2020
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/08/11/if-and-when-cnns-chris-cillizza-already-has-kamala-harris-picking-out-drapes-for-the-oval-office/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2020, 10:33:09 PM »
In some ways, O'Biden/Harris is a logical ticket, for the anti-logic Democrat Party. Because America is so hopelessly, intractably white supremacist, no black president could ever be elected. Ever. Obviously. Because we rejected the Most Qualified Sentient Being Ever to Tread the Globe, just because she was a woman, it's obvious no female president will ever be elected. So it makes Democrat-sense to get people to vote for a white guy, so we can have a black chick in the Oval Office.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2020, 10:50:27 PM »
In some ways, O'Biden/Harris is a logical ticket, for the anti-logic Democrat Party. Because America is so hopelessly, intractably white supremacist, no black president could ever be elected. Ever. Obviously. Because we rejected the Most Qualified Sentient Being Ever to Tread the Globe, just because she was a woman, it's obvious no female president will ever be elected. So it makes Democrat-sense to get people to vote for a white guy, so we can have a Black chick in the Oval Office.

I see you forgot the new rules...
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2020, 11:04:55 PM »
Late to the party but, "Preparation H"(bomb perhaps?)
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2020, 08:32:53 AM »
Man, early on in all this I said Harris would be their presidential pick, then after she made stupid statement after stupid statement during the debates, I said, "I was wrong". Now it's looking like  I was right, and our "Biden the placeholder" theory here is also right.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/08/11/if-and-when-cnns-chris-cillizza-already-has-kamala-harris-picking-out-drapes-for-the-oval-office/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2020, 08:39:21 AM »
Man, early on in all this I said Harris would be their presidential pick, then after she made stupid statement after stupid statement during the debates, I said, "I was wrong". Now it's looking like  I was right, and our "Biden the placeholder" theory here is also right.

I think I chose her in that thread also. Seems like a long time ago when we had that discussion, so much has happened since then!
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2020, 08:58:31 AM »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2020, 09:18:57 AM »
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 12:45:19 PM by adively »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2020, 09:26:44 AM »
So we're all adults here.  There are just a ton of things we can criticize Kamala Harris for.

Her alleged sexual conduct is probably not very relevant to the VP role, and if it were there are non Jr. High School ways to do it.

I'm pretty sure there's even a sticky about that kind of thing.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2020, 10:50:31 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2020, 12:53:47 PM »
The unbiased media. The "paper of record" reports on Harris as VP pick now, and Pence as VP pick in 2016:

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!