Author Topic: GAH! Some frickin' people are too stupid to be allowed to live!  (Read 4637 times)

Phyphor

• friend
GAH! Some frickin' people are too stupid to be allowed to live!
« on: December 22, 2011, 08:16:48 PM »
http://oildale.bakersfieldnow.com/news/crime/72855-local-man-arrested-fbi

What a complete idiot.  And thanks for making it even harder for us shooters in California, you colossal douchenozzle.

"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: GAH! Some frickin' people are too stupid to be allowed to live!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 08:25:29 PM »
I notice that the FBI knocked on the door and served the warrant in a civilized manner.

Despite the fact that this was a "gun nut" and a "domestic terrorist" that was part of a "cell."  All allegedly, and may very well turn out to be true.  But might also turn out to be false.

No 2AM no-knock warrant service.

Good on them.

Perhaps they need to head out and train the umpteen bajillion departments abusing no-knocks.  Jose Guerena might be alive today, along with many others.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 08:49:25 PM »
Pretty vague report.

The FBI document is "mixed".

The guy sounds like a goof, yes.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 09:07:21 PM »
No need to do a no-knock warrant if the guy whose stuff you are looking for is already in jail - although that has not stopped any SWAT guys before.

And the couple this Mendoza fella was apparently renting a room from - they are all butthurt that he didn't share that he was a gun psycho?  Wonder how they might react if the FBI/BATFEIO/Bakersfield PD thought they might be part of his "cell"?

The only thing I don't get is how he's making it harder for Cali gunnies in general.  As much as the Fibbie fella wanted to make a big deal out of the open-carry behavior it all sounded as though it were legally done.  It was just the day he was out in the desert that might be problematical but there s not enough info on the specific location of where the transaction/arrest took place to be able to say.

Yes, he's whatever the opposite of a candidate for MENSA is called.  But that does not make him the guy thsat ruins gun ownership for Calfornians.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 09:15:08 PM »
appearence is everything when it comes to politics in cali. You can bet your butt they'll use this guy and any others like him the next time they're in a banning mood.
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 09:48:24 AM »
Read the story, watched the video and I still don't know . . . exactly WHAT did the guy actually DO to merit search, seizure, and imprisonment?  ???
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 10:19:16 AM »
Read the story, watched the video and I still don't know . . . exactly WHAT did the guy actually DO to merit search, seizure, and imprisonment?  ???

Lived in California, maybe ?  =(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 11:29:56 AM »

"Tried to buy a grenade" is the only thing of substance I got out of the PDF.  The rest was mostly "teh panicks!  He has an SKS Assault Rifle!".   

Owns an SKS.   Yawn.  Open carry per (then) Cali. law.  Yawn.  Is body armor illegal in Cali?  Loaded handguns in his car?  OK, probably uncool.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 02:26:52 PM »
Is body armor illegal in Cali?  Loaded handguns in his car?  OK, probably uncool.

Body armor is legal to possess unless one is a convicted felon.  Wearing body armor while committing a crime is an enhancement charge.

Loaded handgun in the vehicle is a no-no under state law.  Still not certain why the FBI was involved.

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 05:21:10 PM »
The idiot tried to buy RPGs/grenades/whatever from an undercover agent.
(I've seen/heard everything from grenades to landmines in the news, so...)

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 05:44:53 PM »
Are gas and stun grenades  (I'm assuming they mean tear gas and flash-bangs) legal to own under Federal law? Or?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 05:46:50 PM »

If he wanted to buy those from the US Govt, he should have gone to Mexico.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2011, 05:48:01 PM »

Entrapment...?  =|

Hey!  Ya wanna buy a grenade!

;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2011, 05:59:14 PM »
Entrapment...?  =|

Hey!  Ya wanna buy a grenade!

;/

There was a guy locally, a half decade or so ago, homegrown jihadi wannabe.  He wanted to bomb a big local mall.

Every single individual he was dealing with was a fed.  

Wikiepdia on the doofus.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2011, 06:00:34 PM »
There was a guy locally, a half decade or so ago, homegrown jihadi wannabe.  He wanted to bomb a big local mall.

Every single individual he was dealing with was a fed. 

during the 70's they hada drop a conspiracy charge on a u of md student.  same reason  he was in a conspiracy with 3 cops
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2011, 06:07:39 PM »
If he wanted to buy those from the US Govt, he should have gone to Mexico.

MechAg, you are my hero.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2011, 07:54:27 PM »
during the 70's they hada drop a conspiracy charge on a u of md student.  same reason  he was in a conspiracy with 3 cops
Is that the case where the defense argued that since MOST of the members of the underground group were actually undercover law enforcement, that the undercover group was effectively an agency of the Federal government, and hence, couldn't possibly be illegal?

(I've read that "most" of those who joined militias since the OKC bombing are actually undercover LEOs . . . )
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain