Author Topic: Please exit through the reparations booth  (Read 10753 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Please exit through the reparations booth
« on: March 14, 2016, 01:22:14 AM »
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/white-midwife-works-to-give-birth-to-a-black-revolution/

You would all feel better about yourselves if you personally paid reparations. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Please exit through the reparations booth
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 01:36:25 AM »
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/white-midwife-works-to-give-birth-to-a-black-revolution/

“You can’t steal from people and then say, ‘Let’s just get along,’ ” Hirsch said.

That's quite true . . . in ways that Hirsch does not comprehend.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 02:18:47 AM »
Sorry. Black people of African ancestry who were born in the United States of America are no more "African" than I am English or French. My parents didn't own slaves or steal from anyone, and neither did my grandparents. I don't owe reparations to anyone.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 02:45:23 AM »
Even if debts progressed through ancestors, I know enough of my family history - we were never slave owners.  Just the opposite.  When are the blacks going to pay for my family's efforts in freeing them?

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 07:04:50 AM »
I've got some Native American blood...you all owe me rent!   :laugh:
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 07:34:56 AM »
"Uhuru Solidarity Movement"

They answer the space phone on the Enterprise?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 07:40:06 AM »
At least six of my ancestors fought for the Union during the Civil War, at least two died.

The only thing I owe anyone, white, black, or other, is to treat them fairly, value their contributions equally, and not judge them based on some preconceived notion.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 08:37:00 AM »

Somewhere deep in my Mom's side there's a slave trader.  Reparations?  Ha!  Blood from a turnip!
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 08:49:05 AM »
My paternal great grandfather was from Germany and enlisted in a Union Pennsylvania cavalry unit.  Was wounded in battle.  Maternal grandparents were still in Lithuania during the slaveholder days.

As for reparations, we have already paid out trillions of tax dollars since LBJ created the Federal Plantation.  Hasn't seemed to have accomplished anything other than more misery and indentured servitude.  Probably has also contributed to the diminishing of intellectual capacity as well, judging from how some folks aren't able to grasp reality.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 08:52:04 AM »
"As for reparations, we have already paid out trillions of tax dollars since LBJ created the Federal Plantation.  Hasn't seemed to have accomplished anything other than more misery and indentured servitude."

Former coworker posted one of those assisinine memes on his facebook page the other day (he's apparently a big Bernie supporter...) saying that 49 of the 50 poorest counties in the United States are in red states, and laying the blame on Republican policies.

I pointed out that when LBJ declared "war" on poverty over 50 years ago, every one of those counties was a blue county in a blue state.

One has to wonder exactly why they turned red... maybe because blue policies were such an incredible failure for them?

He and his Berniebuds didn't like that one bit.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2016, 09:43:37 AM »

I'm a large part Dutch... can I pay you in trinkets?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2016, 10:11:14 AM »
I'm a large part Dutch... can I pay you in trinkets?

Sorry, trinkets are not accepted.

Baubles only.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2016, 10:12:46 AM »
“You can’t steal from people and then say, ‘Let’s just get along,’ ” Hirsch said.
Okay.  Clarification.  Did they can get stolen from or just get stolen?  Besides, I thought the white slave traders bought them.  

What about white indentured servants?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2016, 10:55:27 AM »
According to my aunt's research, I had ancestors on both sides of both Wars of Secession.  Do I owe myself reparations?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2016, 11:17:30 AM »
According to my aunt's research, I had ancestors on both sides of both Wars of Secession.  Do I owe myself reparations?

Obviously.

PAY UP, YOU DEADBEAT!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2016, 11:24:01 AM »
I have Choctaw and Cherokee blood and one ancestor who owned 2 slaves that were apparently well treated as best we can tell from what few records exist. Not happy about the latter but neither I nor any relative I have ever known was in any responsible for or associated with that. If you hate anyone simply because of their skin color, THOSE are the people I have issues with. BTW, My family on my father's side have been in the US since we were still British colonies and we fought for our independence from the British and the North. As far as I know we don't have any who fought for the Union. I am also descended from a LONG line of Baptist ministers (my dad was the black sheep of his family which explains a LOT about me) including my grandfather, Moses Eli Mercer.

I've given through my taxes since I was 15 and if ya want anything more at this point, all I am giving is copper and lead.
μολὼν λαβέ
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2016, 12:22:53 PM »

The only thing I owe anyone, white, black, or other, is to treat them fairly, value their contributions equally, and not judge them based on some preconceived notion.

Very well said. As someone who's family didn't arrive on these shores until 1957, I totally agree.

Angel Eyes also hit the nail on the head regarding her "stealing" quote.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2016, 12:51:11 PM »
 Wasn't this supposed to be the happy colorblind future, character instead of skin color, etc. ?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2016, 12:59:12 PM »
Wasn't this supposed to be the happy colorblind future, character instead of skin color, etc. ?

Of course it was.

But that was the white devil's plan, not the plan of the oppressed classes.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2016, 01:26:58 PM »
"As for reparations, we have already paid out trillions of tax dollars since LBJ created the Federal Plantation.  Hasn't seemed to have accomplished anything other than more misery and indentured servitude."

This.  It's kinda funny, there is a substantial racial disparity in the level of governmental support (% of a Y population receiving X benefit*), so one could say that those programs disproportionately benefit certain racial minorities.  Correspondingly, federal and state tax income leans the opposite way (again, not total numbers of population, but rather percentage of each), so one could say that the funds are disproportionately taken from the racial majority.  Hence, there is a net transfer of wealth from the racial majority to the racial minority disproportionate to their population.  If you total up the disparity over the last 40+ years, it actual,y far exceeds ANY number put forth for "reparations" by even the most vehement advocates.

*this method is the best choice, as while the total number and total $ of racial majority folks receiving government benefits is greater than the racial minority side, that still represents a transfer from one to the other when given the source of funds being the other way.
To put in another perspective, if you average over alli white people, they pay X in taxes, and receive Y in direct $ benefits, where X>Y, while for racial minorities, Y>X.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2016, 01:56:55 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keF7Nb_0VBI

Relevant.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2016, 02:02:18 PM »
Thank God the Obama presidency is coming to a close.

I don't think the country could survive another four years of his racial healing.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2016, 02:03:52 PM »
So, you think the country survived?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2016, 02:14:40 PM »
So, you think the country survived?

Touché
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2016, 02:17:14 PM »
White, Catholic, Irish were brought to North America as slaves a good 10 years before the first African slave was dragged onto a boat headed this way.  Mostly children between 6 and 12, plus some older females  to serve as "mothers" to the broods of Hell's spawn.  (Breeding age males were either "conscripted" into the various armies roaming around Europe at the time or left at home as less-than-serfs to work the lords' fields till they dropped of starvation and/or exhaustion.

Why do we not hear about reparations for the Irish?  Seriously, even though it would just be offering free drinks to a drunk, don't they deserve their "fair share"?

Then there's the whole Black African American reparations thing itself.  I figure my share is somewhere between $.15 and $0.25.  Picture this - I walk up to the first Black African American (are the Brown African Americans going to feel pissed for being left out?) I see and put a quarter in their hand.  Some SJW is going to excoriate me when all I wanted to do was pay my share of what Dead White People did to Dead African People.  Is that fair?  Is it just?  Why should I get blamed for starting a race where when all I wanted to do was square things?

While the quarter itself is no big thing everything that follows just does not seem worth it.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.