Author Topic: Officials seek power to take over financial institutions  (Read 7731 times)

zahc

• friend
Re: Officials seek power to take over financial institutions
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2009, 11:13:27 AM »
Not to godwin the thread, but this reads like the pre-WWII historical breakdowns of how the nazis steadily and incrementally crossed boundaries that left them in power. Reading about each boundary crossed, in hindsight, makes you wonder how stupid the citizens were to let them happen, didn't they know what would result?
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

FTA84

• friend
Re: Officials seek power to take over financial institutions
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2009, 04:16:21 PM »
Not to godwin the thread, but this reads like the pre-WWII historical breakdowns of how the nazis steadily and incrementally crossed boundaries that left them in power. Reading about each boundary crossed, in hindsight, makes you wonder how stupid the citizens were to let them happen, didn't they know what would result?

I've always wondered how the American people let this one happen:

Quote from: 'United States Constitution'
(16th Amendment) The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

They voted to give someone full access to their wallets without limitation or even implicitly assuming equal redistribution?  They said, "Here is all of my money, and here is my signature giving you the go ahead to spend all of it in some other state."

I know that they didn't tax income that much at first, but could you imagine how different today's situation would be if it read '....collect taxes less than 15% on incomes, from whatever source...'

That is why we have pet projects and pork.  It is the only check and balance of equal redistribution of tax dollars.