Author Topic: The Omnibus Public Land Management Act  (Read 7195 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: The Omnibus Public Land Management Act
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2009, 11:12:48 PM »
I don't have a link hand, so take this for what it's worth...

I heard that this was mostly to declare a bunch more land off limits to oil/resource exploration and use...

Again, it's hear-say, so I'll have to look a bit to find where I read it.

It was one of those omnibus bills so I don't doubt some of the land now off limits includes oil rich land and old growth forests.

We've destroyed enough old growth and have plenty of land that has been logged that we can now log again. We do not need to log every old growth forest.

The oil rich land is another story. With an omnibus bill you have to take the good with the bad.

Republicans if they had any stones or principles would campaign on getting rid of omnibus bills and support every individual matter getting an up or down vote.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Desertdog

• friends
Re: The Omnibus Public Land Management Act
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2009, 11:34:39 PM »
Republicans if they had any stones or principles would campaign on getting rid of omnibus bills and support every individual matter getting an up or down vote.
I wish the GOP, if they do nothing else, would make every bill read on the House and Senate floor.