Author Topic: Apology and an explanation  (Read 6221 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Apology and an explanation
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2009, 08:35:28 PM »
In my view, Gewehr is both right and wrong.

Right, because I don't think Obama is going to bring the End of Days any more than the other guy would have.

Wrong, because I do think that the Western World is in a very bad state in moral terms. I find the welfare state immoral and oppressive. It's just more subtly oppressive than the outright totalitarian states of the 1930's, but it's getting there, slowly but surely.

I do not think the situation can be fixed in 2010 or 2012 - but you can bring in Republicans to slow, or even slightly reverse the trend. The more important change does not occur during elections but between elections. The work of groups like NRA, JPFO, CCRKBA and, yes, GOA contributes to that sort of change.

I agree... but I also question the good of guns when your tax rate is pushing 60% when all is said and done, your leaders are talking about tax hikes again, and no one has the stomach to do anything about it.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Apology and an explanation
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2009, 08:56:29 PM »
That is true, but I was bringing these groups up as an example, because I knew that support for the RKBA is shared among all members of this forum. The Heritage Foundation, Bureaucrash, the Campaign For Liberty, Cato Institute, and some other groups exist that you could join or donate to, and you should choose the one that suits you best.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner