Author Topic: I love the sound of gunfire on Halloween  (Read 1541 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
I love the sound of gunfire on Halloween
« on: November 01, 2009, 12:01:49 AM »
8:54 PM, multiple shots from a semi-auto of some kind, within a half mile I'd estimate.  What fun.
We'll probably read about it in the local paper in a day or two.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: I love the sound of gunfire on Halloween
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 03:52:13 PM »
I would hear gun fire all the time in Reno, in the old neighborhood just south of
downtown, never made the local paper once.
( the local paper stinks there)
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 06:22:12 PM »
You know for as many gun lovers here I would not think anyone would complain about gun fire.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 06:43:02 PM »
I don't think the gunfire is coming from law-abiding citizens.

Every holiday evening is an excuse for the home boys to shoot up the sky in Milwaukee. On the evening of Obama's win, there was non-stop gunfire all night long.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 06:53:51 PM »
You know for as many gun lovers here I would not think anyone would complain about gun fire.

;/

I like guns, therefore I'm always happy to hear people shooting even when it's most likely a crime is being committed.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 08:03:44 PM »
Every holiday evening is an excuse for the home boys to shoot up the sky in Milwaukee. On the evening of Obama's win, there was non-stop gunfire all night long.

Wait, wait, wait. You mean Obama supporters where shooting guns... and recklessly?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 08:11:00 PM »
Wait, wait, wait. You mean Obama supporters where shooting guns... and recklessly?

Monkeyleg's exaggerating again. He's from Wisconsin. Have you noticed the sin in Wisconsin? It's the sin of exaggeration.

Now you know.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 09:06:10 PM »
8:54 PM, multiple shots from a semi-auto of some kind, within a half mile I'd estimate.  What fun.

<shrug>.  Happens around here moderately often.  Ditto on doubting that it's "lawbiding" citizens.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 09:29:05 PM »
I don't think the gunfire is coming from law-abiding citizens.

I doubt it too.  On top of that, they aren't paying very good attention to Rule #4.
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 10:08:24 PM »
New year's eve Y2K in the 'hood part of Norfolk took years off my life I think. I went inside for about an hour and sat against a solid wall with my friend Jose in hand. I was cool when the .380 and .25 club started to assert their mastery of the atmosphere. I was a lot less cool when I started hearing semi-spent bullets humming through the air and impacts on the house. Before going in though I stopped by the car and retrieved  Mr. 1911 and dumped a mag of +P flavor into the ground, then enjoyed the sound of silence while the pop gun gang stopped to wonder who brought the real gun.  =D

I had considered the AR in the trunk and the spare mag full of tracer laced out over the sky, but deemed it irresponsible.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2009, 10:41:55 PM »
I would hear gun fire all the time in Reno, in the old neighborhood just south of
downtown, never made the local paper once.
( the local paper stinks there)

Hey, at least in Sparks, when the gunshots made the news, it's followed by a chalk outline.  Our gangbangers are better shots than your gangbangers. =D

For those not in the know, Reno & Sparks two cities side by side.  The city crooks are interchangeable.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com