Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh has possible heart attack  (Read 2976 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Rush Limbaugh has possible heart attack
« on: December 30, 2009, 10:25:35 PM »
Sad news for many:  Rush Limbaugh has been taken to The Queen's Medical Center in Honolulu, HI, in serious condition, suffering from chest pains.

The story on Fox News is here.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Rush Limbaugh has possible heart attack
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 10:45:44 PM »
I sure hate to hear that.
Here's hoping for a full and speedy recovery, we need him. If for no other reason than he pisses off the liberals.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 10:47:51 PM »
What a shame when he had just dropped so much of that weight.   =(
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 11:02:49 PM »
One can almost hear Rachel Maddow and her ilk giggling in delight.   =|
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 11:48:14 PM »
I'm sending a prayer for him. He's still sorely needed.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 11:48:29 PM »
We're praying for ya Rush!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 11:56:55 PM »
What a shame when he had just dropped so much of that weight.   =(

That's what I was thinking.  Sure looked and sounded like he'd gotten in better shape recently.

Bummer.  Hope it turns out OK for him.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 12:04:31 AM »
I just prayed for him, I really prefer Glenn Beck, Laura Ingramm and Michelle Malkin more nowadays but he is still the main man for talk radio & we really need him these days.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

taurusowner

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 12:09:52 AM »
You know how I know that us liberty minded folk are also just plain better people than the statists?  Because I know for a fact that there are people on this forum disagree with Rush's politics, but we all wish him well.  On other political forums, there are already a dozen pages of liberals hoping he dies.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 05:39:57 AM »
You know how I know that us liberty minded folk are also just plain better people than the statists?  Because I know for a fact that there are people on this forum disagree with Rush's politics, but we all wish him well.  On other political forums, there are already a dozen pages of liberals hoping he dies.
Agreed.

I don't really like Limbaugh, but he is very good at his job and does it better than all the rest.

The good news is that most people survive heart attacks these days. I bet he will, too.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2009, 09:26:06 AM »
“The people calling for Rush Limbaugh to die are the same people who ask to control your healthcare.”

Read the whole post below:

http://althouse.blogspot.com/2009/12/i-hope-he-dies.html

Wednesday, December 30, 2009
"I hope he dies."
I'm impressed that it took 12 comments before anyone at Politico said that (or anything like that) after a report that Rush Limbaugh has been hospitalized with chest pains and is in "serious" condition.

ADDED: Much re-tweeted at Twitter: "The people calling for Rush Limbaugh to die are the same people who ask to control your healthcare."

AND: Rush Limbaugh has said on his show many times that once the government runs health care, there is a threat that life-or-death decisions will be made based on politics, and people will worry that if they  criticize the government or espouse the wrong opinions decisions will go against them.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2009, 10:13:32 AM »

Oh, I don't know about that.  I saw plenty of people on "our" side who were practically giddy when Ted Kennedy died.  And a friend of mine who is VERY far to the left (good guy, but we disagree on many subjects) will be one of the first to say something to the effect of "I disagreed with the man on almost every topic, but my condolences to his family and friends."

There are more idiots on the side you like, and more good people on the side you don't like, than you realize.  Agreeing/disagreeing with someone tends to color your perception of them.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2009, 10:50:07 AM »
There are more idiots on the side you like, and more good people on the side you don't like, than you realize.

1. I agree with this whole heartedly.

2. Ted Kennedy was a murderer. I didn't rejoice because of his politics, I rejoiced because people shouldn't get away with negligent homicide because of their money and family connections.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2009, 11:36:09 AM »
1. I agree with this whole heartedly.

2. Ted Kennedy was a murderer. I didn't rejoice because of his politics, I rejoiced because people shouldn't get away with negligent homicide because of their money and family connections.

Glad you agree with the basic premise.  Okay,strike Kennedy and insert Peter Jennings.  I distinctly remember people on the right who were rather less than gracious about his death.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2009, 12:18:12 PM »
Sad news for many:  Rush Limbaugh has been taken to The Queen's Medical Center in Honolulu, HI, in serious condition, suffering from chest pains.

The story on Fox News is here.

Surely, he was rushed to the hospital.

Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2009, 03:45:34 PM »
Now, I'm just saying, but Rush is in Hawaii, obama is in Hawaii.....   Silence the opposition...

I'm just saying....  ??? :O ;/
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2009, 05:21:27 PM »
Now, I'm just saying, but Rush is in Hawaii, obama is in Hawaii.....   Silence the opposition...
Sorry, you got is wrong.  It is proof of The Conspiracy.  Obama and Limbaugh are secreting planning next year's political theater. 
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2009, 05:57:08 PM »
Surely, he was rushed to the hospital.

Actually, I originally did word it that way, then changed it because it sounded corny.   :lol:
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2009, 05:57:59 PM »

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2010, 09:44:53 AM »
Moon Bats Mourn News about Rush Limbaugh
 By John Lillpop  Thursday, December 31, 2009

For the briefest of moments this morning, left wing nut balls all across America got a head start on the celebrations and hell-raising slated to ring in the New Year at midnight.

Liberal spirits were boosted by news from that on-line leftist rag, Wikipedia, which excitedly reported the demise of Rush Limbaugh on the island of Oahu, where, incidentally, Barack Obama was NOT born.

Champagne bottles were prematurely uncorked, noise makers and confetti went free for the taking at DNC branches, and Harry Reid declared that Rush’s passing was about 50 years too late.

Not a dry eye was to be found as moon bats from coast-to-coast cried with unrestrained joy at the Wikipedia breaking news.

El Rushbo was no more!

Then came the tragic news from Oahu: Not only had Rush survived, but now the bloke was resting comfortably and was expected to be back on the air as scheduled next week!

Dark, deep down depression among the left was the inevitable response.

Shrieker of the House Nancy Pelosi left her $10,000 a night bungalow in Kona on the “Big Island” long enough to try to cheer up dispirited moon bats.

Said she, “This would not have happened if ObamaCare had been in place. We would have recognized the name and would have ordered an immediate stop to all treatment, including assisted breathing. This we would have done for the children, the poor, and the hopeless.”

Pelosi also reminded her audience that Limbaugh had all the symptoms of a serious heart attack which, as she put it, “gives us all hope for a better outcome in 2010!”

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/18491

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2010, 10:24:06 AM »
Ooohh, that's very sharp satire. I like it, though.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2010, 02:32:38 PM »
Satire?

Where?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

grampster

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2010, 06:38:29 PM »
Sounds like, from news reports, Rush is OK and will be back behind the Golden Microphone on Monday.  His heart is OK and they've not found anything wrong with him.  Must have been swamp gas. :angel:
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2010, 06:53:57 PM »
You Tube of Rush's press conference where he says he was having chest pains, but the doctors found nothing wrong with him.  He also takes advantage of the situation to praise the current "health care system." 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oglQ3RP2PkA

From Rush's web site.
A Message from Rush to His Listeners
January 1, 2010

To my listeners,

Thank you for your prayers and good thoughts over the past several days. Today, I am leaving Queens Hospital in Honolulu, feeling strong and rested. I offer my deepest thanks to the staff and administration there, who provided excellent care and supervision.

I'm going to take several days of rest over this weekend and the early part of next week, and will be back on the radio with you sometime next week, taking the advice of so many of you to rest and fully recover.

I wish each and every one of you a Happy New Year in 2010!

With great thanks for your support and love,

Rush Limbaugh
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife