Author Topic: Today is National Bacon Day  (Read 1002 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Today is National Bacon Day
« on: August 31, 2013, 11:49:17 AM »
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this yet.  Today is National Bacon Day.
SWMBO and I celebrated with bacon and egg sandwiches for breakfast. 
What are you doing to celebrate this august national holiday?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Today is National Bacon Day
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 12:02:17 PM »
No one mentioned it because they are too busy eating bacon.

Alas, I will miss out on this glorious holiday. I'm visiting the in-laws who view bacon as a tool of the devil.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 01:58:10 PM »
National bacon day? Well then it's a good thing I'm sitting under a tree with the dog right now eating bacon and drinking beer!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 02:34:59 PM »
Alas, I will miss out on this glorious holiday. I'm visiting the in-laws who view bacon as a tool of the devil.

I hope their views are the product of religious, cultural or medical beliefs.  Those would be acceptable, if unfortunate.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 02:56:35 PM »
I had the breakfast special, which is supposed to have both bacon and sausage, they were happy to oblige when I asked them to hold the sausage and up the bacon.

Mmmm bacon eggs grits fatback and pancakes.

That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 03:08:15 PM »
Just getting up from a nap after the weekly marching and chowder society breakfast.  This morning it was a bacon omlet, topped with candy bacon, and bacon on the side, plus home fries with bacon crumbles.  They claimed to have a bacon coffee, but since I cannnot indulge in caffiene I had to forego that.  (Others who tried it did not speak highly of it.)

This evening I am contemplating something Chinese containing thick slices of deep-fried belly bacon and pepper flakes.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 03:18:53 PM »
Funny. Last night I read a book that mentioned the characters eating BLT's several times, and thought to myself "i should pick up some bacon when I go to the store tommorrow."

Now, it seems, I am definatly putting bacon on my grocery list.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 05:22:09 PM »
Had bacon and waffles with two beautiful women this morning.  I do love National Bacon Day.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 05:39:30 PM »
I hope their views are the product of religious, cultural or medical beliefs.  Those would be acceptable, if unfortunate.

Medical. Bah.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2013, 05:45:31 PM »
Well, now there is a package of thick cut hickery smoked bacon in the fridge, just waiting for the magic to begin.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Terpsichore

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2013, 11:18:54 PM »
My little girl was thrilled when she found out about National Bacon Day.  My ex and I took her to a friend's coffee house so she could get a bacon doughnut.
There is something relaxing in working with sharp pointy things.

What if there were no hypothetical situations?